new grad in northern virginiaRegister Today!
- by chrisandjac Aug 24, '06I am a new grad. (May 2006). I am soon going to retake my nclex exam and I AM GOING TO PASS!(In North Carolina). I will be relocating to Stafford, VA in the next month or two. Stafford is very close to Alexandria and Fredericksburg. How do I get started on a job search? I called the Virginia State Board of Nursing and they said there is nothing special that I need to do to work in Virginia because NC and VA are both under the Compact. But I just don't know where to start to gain employment. I contacted a nurse recruiter at Potomac Hospital but they do not hire many new grads. Where do the new grads go in this area? :mortarboard:
- 1,136 Views
- Aug 26, '06 by graysonretCongrats Chrisandjac. There is a lot of work available around the No. Va. area, but I wouldn't suggest Alexandria/Fairfax for a morning shift. Traffic up I-95 or Rt. 1 will drive you nuts...both ways. Try to arrange it against the rush hours, if you can. Maybe something good will show up around Stafford/Fredericksburg area. Spotsylvania/Orange may have something too...or Woodbridge.
- Aug 26, '06 by mystical_angel8I'm also a new grad-from Alexandria va. Inova hospitals are real big around here. I just accepted a position at one. Its worth looking up since most hosptials in the area are merged with Inova
- Aug 28, '06 by chrisandjacThanks for the information. Mystic Angel I applied online last night at INOVA and they responded today! I have an interview for the Neuroscience unit and possibly others next week. I am so thankful for all of you guys advice Thanks. If you know of any healthcare centers or hospitals Please reply. I am still going to apply for other positions.
- Aug 28, '06 by graysonretI just heard that they are planning 2 new hospitals in the Fredericksburg area. That area down there keeps growing and growing.