MCI Virginia Beach 2011-2012
- 0Jul 7, '11 by prayerngraceGreetings,
Here is a new thread for the students applying to attend MCI Virginia Beach/ or Newport News for the 2011-2012 year. Any up-to-date information from anyone newly accepted or currently attending would be greatly appreciated! Please tell us what year, campus, what stage in admission you're in, or what stage of program you are in. I know a lot of us would love to hear updated information (or blog comments as it's happening) on the information below:
1- TEAS/Tour Appt Day
2- Interview Day
3- Pre-req (if applicable)
4- Day in-the-Life schedule
5- Night in-the-Life schedule
6- Order of curriculum
7- Clinicals schedule
8- How long until you were notified you were accepted?
9- How quickly was process to get in, your own experience?
10- Which campus updated pros/cons?
11- Financial Aid Appt?
12- Current cost of attendance, includes what?
13- What month you want to begin/or began classes?
14- Are you applying days/or evenings? Campus?
Thank you & Good Luck!
- 0Jul 8, '11 by prayerngraceHi!
I have a meeting next week with them, does anyone know what to expect that first "Tour/Meeting" day? How long does it usually take, the advisor said about 2 hours?....for a tour? Any information would be excellent!
How often do the pre-reqs start?
How often do the RN programs start?
- 0Jul 11, '11 by CorawhitHi i have applied to the LPN program at the Virginia Beach campus and i had a few questions!? Can anyone tell me what to expect at orientation ex: will i be getting books and scrubs at orientation? Should i bring a backpack to put my books in? Also what should i prepare my self for in the first week? I am doing the day classes! And one more thing where do they do their clinical!? Thank you i start the August cycle and i am so excited!!!
- 0Jul 14, '11 by prayerngraceHi everyone!
So....the May 2011 RN start date class only got a Week & a half notice that they were accepted into program.
Now I'm interested to see how far in advance they are notifying for the August 2011 RN start date. This just concerns me since it is customary to give your job AT LEAST 2 weeks notice if you are starting program for Days.
Gook luck to everyone applying for the AUG '11 start date! Keep us updated...:heartbeat
- 0Jul 15, '11 by prayerngraceEPCI University Virginia Beach, VA / Newport News, VA
Medical Careers Institute, MCI Virginia Beach, VA / Newport News, VA
School of Health Science Virginia Beach, VA /Newport News, VA:
Here is some information on the LPN Program course track example:
FRS 114 Freshman Orientation1
MED 164 Anatomy & Physiology I
MTH 156 Nursing Math 1
MED 165 Anatomy & Physiology II
NUR 101 Foundations of Nursing I
NUR 102 Foundations of Nursing II
NUR 149 Pharmacology I
NUR 104 Foundations of Nursing III
NUR 152 Pharmacology II
NUR 105 Foundations of Nursing IV
NUR 190 Medical Surgical Nursing I
NUR 201 Medical Surgical Nursing II
NUR 210 Acute Care Nursing I
NUR 208 Medical Surgical Nursing III
PSY 108 Normal Lifespan 1
NUR 211 Acute Care Nursing II
NUR 213 Acute Care Nursing III
NUR 232 Nursing Leadership
- 0Aug 20, '11 by as2633Quote from prayerngraceI know it's late, but i got the call for the RN program and will be at orientation Friday. Anyone else? Also, does anyone have the program outline for the RN program mods? I had it, but can't find it anywhere.Have applicants for AUG '11 start date gotten calls yet?
- 0Aug 21, '11 by prayerngraceQuote from as2633CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is excellent news!!!!I know it's late, but i got the call for the RN program and will be at orientation Friday. Anyone else? Also, does anyone have the program outline for the RN program mods? I had it, but can't find it anywhere.