MCI LPN Program
- 0Feb 16, '09 by hopeful10Hey All.
Just wondering what I can expect the first week of classes. I start March 30th!!
- 0Feb 16, '09 by CrystalgLPNI am currently in the old 18month LPN program. The program youre in has 5 week mods, and mine has 7 1/2 wk mods. Expect to learn a lot everday, Expect to get lots of paperwork. Expect to possibly have a test the first week. Its fast paced. Its fun. Its interesting. Take it all in and enjoy it. Study hard and do your best.
- 0Feb 17, '09 by koolauI was in the 12-month days program, the first week we had at least one test. Be prepared to be given an abundance of information, and have loads of homework.
It may have changed with the curriculum you are in now, but the new students from before I graduated still said their was a heavy workload. If I am still thinking right, yours is the 14-month? The classes are broken up in a different arrangement to try and make it a bit less demanding, but it is still an accelerated course.
Just be prepared to learn tons of things, and have fun.
Make friends, You will get lectured about sticking together and helping each other out. My class thankfully did, after a few mods. People will naturally look for others to bond with in the course, so just be yourself and work hard!
- 0Feb 20, '09 by koolauI know for the day classes it was pretty much always up to the time limit, getting out early was 30 min before the end of the day.
Classes throughout the program are generally fast paced and packed with a lot of homework and information to learn. It flies by, and you think you aren't learning it but you will be amazed when you first speak "nurse". lol
- 0Mar 19, '09 by Mom2CassidyI start at MCI in May. I am so excited. I am also taking the evening classes. My classes are going to be M-F 5:30-10:30 for the first 20 weeks then in goes to 3 days a week till 11pm and clinicals on the weekends. No idea so far when the clinicals will be or what times, they just told me to be flexible.
My tuition is also $29,000. BUT I am not paying nearly that much after apply for aid and scholarships! IMO, the advisors really tried hard to get me all they could and make school possible for me! GL!!!