J. Sargeant Reynolds 2012 RN Summer SessionRegister Today!
- by Beth0215 Feb 6, '12Hello! Has anyone else applied for the J. Sargeant Reynolds RN Summer Session? Has anyone heard anything back? I'm dying to know the results, but don't want to contact too soon....anybody receive a letter in the mail yet? ...and this is my first time applying, do they send you a letter regardless if you are rejected or accepted? Thanks for the help.
- Feb 7, '12 by sshell38Hi Beth! I went to the nursing information session on Jan. 18 and they said you should get a letter EXACTLY 6 weeks after the deadline for the nursing program. I did not apply for the summer, but i am applying for the fall semester in march. How hard was the Kaplan test? That is the only thing holding me back from applying! I have a 3.7 GPA and the only thing I need to do now is the Kaplan test! Hope my information helped. Could you please let me know about the Kaplan test? - Thanks a bunch!- Sara
- Feb 8, '12 by Beth0215Hi Sara! That's good to know, I went to the same session myself and I just wasn't sure if I should expect something before 6 weeks or not - thank you so much for the clarification!
As far as the Kaplan test is concerned, I didn't find it terribly hard. I received a 95 in the reading and a 96 in the math. I was REALLY concerned about the math, but found that the Kaplan Study guide was much more in depth than what was tested on the actual test. There was a lot of concentration (at least on my version of the test) on converting fractions to decimals, some basic algebra - but you are able to use a regular basic calculator to double check your answers.
The reading was...weird/abstract - just like the study guide. If you haven't gotten the study guide I do advise to pick it up, it'll get you used to the style of reading material you will be given.
I have a 3.8 in the pre-reqs and have just been on pins and needles wondering if I'll get in....good luck to you on the test! I'll keep you posted on acceptance/denial, so you can gauge since we have close GPAs.
- Feb 8, '12 by Medic2RNMoved to Virginia Nursing Programs for more of a response.
- Feb 10, '12 by Beth0215Hi Sara,
I just wanted to follow up and let you know that I received my acceptance letter from the school yesterday for Summer semester - best of luck to you in the Fall!!!!!!!!!!
- Feb 21, '12 by alansbabyI am attending the JSRCC summer program as well! Congrats!
- Feb 21, '12 by Beth0215Oh great - Congrats!!!!! I'm so excited and nervous (I've been in business and will be new to the nursing world). Are you attending the March 9th orientation? I'll look forward to seeing you there!
- Feb 22, '12 by alansbabyYes, I'll be there!