Anyone attending Shenandoah Accelerated BSN? - Page 4Register Today!
- Apr 12, '11 by FlowerFlourHi everyone,
I was so excited to find this thread. I have recently been accepted to both Shendandoah and GWU for Fall 2011, and I am leaning towards Shenandoah because it's cheaper. I am glad to hear that you are all having good experiences there, its so reassuring to me.
- Apr 19, '11 by bokergloryHi FlowerFlour,
I am glad to hear that you are leaning towards Shenandoah. I made the same decision. I have been asking around the hospital that I volunteer, all the nurses that I talked to agreed that it does not matter what school you go, at the end you have to take the same exam- NCLEX. Once you pass that exam, you are an RN. I don't want to pay student loans for years. Also, I like Shenandoah's clinical sites. I am deferring my start date to spring semester. I need a little breathing room after finishing my bachelors this semester. Overall, I am pretty happy with my choice.
- Apr 28, '11 by carlyroseHey guys, I am starting Shenandoah's program in the fall of 2011.
Flowerflour-are you starting at the same time?
- Apr 28, '11 by carlyroseDoes anyone going to Shenandoah need a roommate or know someone who does? I'm moving to NOVA for the program and I don't know anyone to live with! I am 27/f and went to WVU for undergrad.
- Apr 29, '11 by shipstu87Flowerflour and carleyrose- I am also attending the SU program starting in Fall 2011.
I thought it would be nice to know some people who are also starting at the same time before going into the program. My email is email@example.com, please feel free to get in touch. I'm nervous yet excited about starting this program.
- May 1, '11 by FlowerFlourHey carlyrose and shipstu,
Looks like we'll be classmates! I've sent in my deposit so I am definitely starting at SU in the fall. Are both of you attending at the Leesburg campus? I thought about joining the new cohort in Winchester; I'll be living about halfway between the two cities. But, it seems like the ASD students in Winchester would be grouped into classes with regular nursing undergrads, and I like the idea of taking classes with just other ASD students (like in Leesburg).
carly, I don't know of anyone who needs a roommate but if I hear anything I'll be sure to let you know!
I can't wait to start the program. I finished my undergrad in December '09 and have been itching to start nursing school since then.
- May 1, '11 by carlyroseYay! congratulations. I am attending Leesburg. I am going to the June 10th orientation. I graduated from WVU in 2006 with a degree in communication.
- May 2, '11 by nurstudent12I'll be starting the nursing program in the Spring. I would like to meet people before the program starts. I'm doing the transfer 15 month program.Last edit by LunahRN on Jun 8, '11 : Reason: TOS: solicitation
- Jun 7, '11 by dan123Hi! Does anyone know which textbook is likely to be used for pharmacology in the 15 mo program? Also, is there a facebook page that I could join to get ahold of future classmates?
- Jun 8, '11 by gkveganWe used Pharmacology and the Nursing Process by Lilley last fall and I am pretty sure they used it last semester too. There is Facebook page for the entire nursing program but nothing ever gets posted on it.