UVM MEPN 2011 - Page 4Register Today!
- Feb 5, '11 by wannabefnpvls09-was the person that you know who found out they were admitted in the post-bac program? How did they find out? Letter, call, e-mail?
- Feb 5, '11 by vls09Wannabe - no idea on most of that and I know they'd rather not have most of that stuff published in public for privacy reasons - it wouldn't be that hard to figure out who is who if/when we all matriculate in the summer or fall. I'll send you a private message.
- Feb 6, '11 by als224Nothing here either. Not as anxiously waiting anymore. When it gets here, it gets here- just hope its good news when it does!
- Feb 6, '11 by wannabefnpThanks Vls09...got your pm.
I think next week is our week. Good luck to everyone!
- Feb 11, '11 by vls09I guess this wasn't the week.. I'm hopeful for next week!
- Feb 12, '11 by silentsiren4I know I cannot wait to hear back .... ugghhh good luck to everyone!
- Feb 14, '11 by vls09Haven't heard anything yet; tomorrow is Feb 15th so we've now got two weeks left in the month.
I did notice some minor aesthetic changes to the MEPN website, although I expect more changes this spring with the DNP requirement for new NP's effective in 2015 and the MEPN being a 3 year program.
The FAQ reflects some new changes but it still says that interviews are required for admission and only the "top 30%" will be initially contacted for an interview. I sure hope that isn't true!
- Feb 14, '11 by crs249The suspense is driving me crazy! My family has a pact not to let me know if an envelope arrives until after I get home from work. Apparently they are afraid I'll ask them to open it and potentially have to deliver bad news. Although I think my daughter is more afraid I'll get accepted. She keeps saying things like, "When Mom goes to nursing school and we're poor for the next few years..." Geez, how about, "If Mom goes to nursing school we're going to miss spending time with her for the next few years!" Yeah, right. ;-D
- Feb 16, '11 by vls09Last year decisions went out on Feb 11th and there was a status update posted on the MEPN website once decisions were made. So, I keep checking the website, but nothing so far. I don't want to call the office to ask because that seems counterproductive if they are this busy. Given that last year they didn't use the CAS and they did conduct interviews, I guess we can't really go by anything that happened last year in forming our expectations.
- Feb 17, '11 by wannabefnpHas anyone out there received ANYTHING from UVM yet?
Does anyone dare to call??? I am tempted, but scared to get bad news...
I want to assume that the decisions have not been made yet but I heard from a current student in the program that decisions were made weeks ago (she heard from a faculty member). The silence on the blog is deafening! If it is true that offer letters went out weeks ago, where is all the meet and greet chatter, chat about deposits being due, and waiting to hear from other schools? Where are all the "acceptees"? Maybe they just are not blogging? Supporting this theory, there is also a new "friend" on the UVM MEPN 2011 facebook page, which I think you have to be invited to join...so this might mean the decisions are in fact out? EEKS! I may have to call today before I am consumed by curiosity!