UVM MEPN 2011 - page 3
by vls09 12,021 Views | 63 Comments
Anyone other MEPN applicants on here? I applied for fall '11 entry and was recently told the program coordinators were trying to decide whether to do interviews this year or not and it was still up in the air. Also was told... Read More
- 0Jan 21, '11 by CallaZiazanA Vermonter I am. I would really miss the in-state tuition, not to mention that I have found it impossible to leave. Anyway, vls09, your point of view makes tons of sense to me, especially given the fact that nursing is more attractive to me than other health professions because of the flexibility. Being over certified would definitely keep more doors open. Thanks. I just worry that I would not look qualified, though given that they pulled the rug out from under us NOW, they must take this all into consideration.
- 0Jan 21, '11 by vls09I understand - it reminds me of the concern I have that my EMT and volunteer ER experience doesn't qualify me enough for the FNP track.. My thoughts are:
1. They definitely wouldn't offer you to switch to the ANP track if they weren't going to take into consideration the fact that people in your shoes are skewed towards mental health experience as opposed to the normal ANP background (which is more similar to FNP in that it is a lot of folks who are EMT's, CNA's, LNA's, etc).
2. My bet is that those who originally applied for the PMH track who request to move to the ANP track will be considered separately from the regular ANP applicants and your experience/background standards will be different, i.e., they will judge your applications from the standard of a PMH applicant.
So, really when you look at it, you come out on top of all of the rest of us because you'll be double qualified; you will be able to work as an ANP or as a mental health NP.
- 0Jan 29, '11 by vls09Decisions have already started going out... I'm out of town and won't be home until mid-week, but I just heard from someone who found out at the end of last week that they got into the MEPN program. Has anyone else heard? Not sure how it is being done - whether all decisions are being mailed at once or whether it is on a rolling basis.
Either way, if you haven't heard yet, you should soon - good luck to everyone!
- 0Feb 4, '11 by wannabefnpI was told via e-mail on 01/28 that we would hear by mid-February. I have heard nothing yet. I don't know if this is true or not but maybe anyone who has already heard from the program was from the post-bac program? Those applications were supposed to be guaranteed an interview but maybe since they are not doing interviews, those applicants were notified first? I don't know...I'm just trying to justify why someone would have heard already when so many others have not heard anything.
- 0Feb 5, '11 by vls09wannabefnp: I agree about postbacs maybe finding out sooner. I wonder how that guaranteed interview part for postbacs worked out given that the MEPN program didn't have interviews this year.
Still no news on my end either. I wasn't aware that mid-feb was the expected date, sounds like it could be any time in the next week or two; the only info I got was that decisions are made in january, sent out in february.
At this point I would just be happy to get wait listed.