Anyone Attending Western Governors University Pre-licensure Nursing on Oct 2011? - page 3
38,195 Visits | 76 Comments
Hi everyone, is there anyone planning on attending the cohort on Oct 2011? thanks... Read More
- 0Jul 12, '11 by Hexum944I have one 19 month old little boy. I talked to a different enrollment counselor today than my normal one and he told me that Im on the list for Cedar Sinai. He said there were about 50 people who qualified for the program, and hundreds who applied but were not as qualified as we were. The first BSN graduating class ceremony will be July 23 in SLC and will be streamed live on their website. He said there is a graduation every January and July and we will go to one of those depending on when we finish.
- 0Jul 21, '11 by Respiratory2RNI'm finishing up my bio chem in 2 weeks, then all my sciences will be complete, I'm not gonna be ready for the Oct cohort due to financial reasons, but is anybody going to any of the other hospitals, fountain valley, lakewood regional, or los alamitos. Any word on any cohorts after October?
- 0Jul 24, '11 by Respiratory2RNI took mine at Coastline Community College, its offered as an online course
Coastline Community College
CHEMISTRY C110 5.0 units
Introduction to Chemistry
A lab science course in principles of inorganic, organic, and biochemistry for transfer and for A.A. Degree programs in nursing, dietetics, paramedical, and other allied health fields.
- 0Aug 8, '11 by texan2011To Respiratory 2RN:
How difficult was the Biochem/Chem course? Did they give you homework or study guides so you would know where to direct yourself for the tests. How many tests, and were they proctored? Could you use any notes at all?
Also -- I assumed the science courses could be online -- but I just read that A&P and Micro could not be online? That seems implausible given the school's courses are online? Do you know anything about that?
Thanks so much!
- 0Aug 26, '11 by SPJJMommyHey guys! I'm in the Aug 2011 cohort in Pasadena... anyone else? I actually started in the January '11 in the Riverside cohort... I took and passed all of the coursework for term 1 but wasn't able to attend clinicals, so now I'm just waiting for clinicals in Jan '12. WGU is a great school and the program is fantastic! Hopefully I'll be seeing some of you in Pasadena soon!
- 0Aug 26, '11 by texan2011I am very interested in this school but may have to repeat pre-reqs. Did anyone have A&P or Micro online? I was told these particular classes are now unacceptable without classroom-based labs. Don't believe it applies to other classes, just these (so don't panic). I assume the lecture segment may be taken online, but I can't pin anyone down on that.