Accepted into WSU RN Fall 2013 program!!!
- 0Mar 16, '13 by momof2nsI am soooooooo excited to have been accepted into the nursing program at WSU. I had to apply twice, but thank the Lord I made it!!
Anyone else with me?
- 0Mar 20, '13 by Momma Mia 3Quote from momof2nsHello Mom of 2ns!! I too am starting nursing this fall at WSU. Do you know which campus you will be at? How exciting!!I am soooooooo excited to have been accepted into the nursing program at WSU. I had to apply twice, but thank the Lord I made it!!
Anyone else with me?
- 0Mar 29, '13 by Momma Mia 3It took me 3 tries to get in. I was about ready to give up! The pre-req's about killed me!! I came back to school after a 15 year break, so I am no spring chicken! Ha ha!
I've got 3 kiddos...8, 6, and 5. We can do this!! We made it this far!! it's going to be insane, but worth it in the end.
- 0Mar 29, '13 by momof2nsYes! It will be worth it! I graduated and then took an 8 year break, so we are in the same boat! I just got a big packet of info in the mail from WSU nursing with all the next steps to do....there is A LOT to do. Did you get the packet too? I'm going to look for some CPR classes.
- 0Mar 30, '13 by Momma Mia 3The packet has arrived! It's starting to feel more real. I took a CPR class over the summer as part of my EMT class. It's awesome to hear about non traditional students like us!!
So, looks like we will be going to Ogden once a week for lab, right? I was hoping to avoid Ogden's parking nightmare. Dang it!
- 0Mar 30, '13 by momof2nsI know! I was bummed to see we have lab once a week in Ogden! I WILL be buying an A6 parking permit so it can save me from some of the parking nightmare! The fact that the lab is at 7:30 in the morning should help though :-) Lucky you took the CPR class already...I had one years back when I completed my CNA, but I let it expire. I signed up for the one on campus for May 23. I was afraid I would be the only nontrad in the class for a second too, but I am happy to hear that we are in the same boat! Hopefully we will find others who are also nontrad. I need to get organized! I am looking for a good planner specific to nursing students....just something to keep me from getting scattered! Do you know of any place that does fingerprints? Layton Police Department offers them but only to Layton Residents. Davis County Jail says they offer them, but they are not the ink kind, I think it is digital or something.
Have you looked at our scrub tops? They are REALLY CUTE, and REALLY PRICEY, but I figured they would be. I want to lose some weight before buying them though....it will be good motivation. :-)