UTA Spring 2013 - Page 19Register Today!
- Oct 3, '12 by nikkib376@ mphillips, I found out through our THR person who is the AP contact for UTA. There were actually 33 employees who applied for Fall but 9 of them didn't actually qualify or failed Pharm.
- Quote from nikkib376Nikkib - I also put all my eggs in one basket with UTA for many of the same reasons, not to mention the cost of UTA's program is far less than most other programs, as well as the accelerated time frame. Here's to hoping our plan workedeldraper7 this is OUR time!!! Which entity do you work for? I am downtown FW in the ER. I love it! I have seen you on allnurses for about as long as I have been on here, I think, so I'm glad to know you're still cruising along this journey too! I had to put all of my eggs in one basket with UTA each time because: 1) online is all that will work for me and my family; 2) Many places are no longer hiring ADN's anymore (Baylor and THR no longer do and the ones they have hired they have to bridge to BSN within 2 years anyway). I often think I should have done an ADN and then let the hospital pay for me to bridge but I am just too far in it to go another route in my opinion This is just what I set out to do from the day I heard about the AP program, and as slow going and frustrating as it is at times, I know it's what is right for me. Okay, I'm done with the cheese for tonight!! I am going to dream that emails miraculously appear in our inboxes tonight.....
- Quote from nikkib376I tried to find our through our AP contact/liason here at Parkland, but she said that UTA wouldn't give her any info after the fall application period. The only thing she was able to find out was that there were a couple of students that had to drop out of the program in the previous Spring semester, so UTA held a spot for them in the Fall to come back. Not sure if I agree with that - it cost us 2 spots right off the bat, so there was only 8 available spots instead of the normal 10. I understand making accommodations for extenuating circumstances, but they should hold those spots in addition to the 10 for new applicants (total of 12) - or have them re-apply. I even heard that one of the spots being held was for someone that dropped out TWICE before. I hope that's not the case this application period! Anyway, I just emailed Parkland's contact to see if I could get any info this time around......@ mphillips, I found out through our THR person who is the AP contact for UTA. There were actually 33 employees who applied for Fall but 9 of them didn't actually qualify or failed Pharm.
- Oct 3, '12 by izzadorDoes anyone know where I can find a list of the UTA BSN AP partner hospitals throughout Texas?
Thanks in advance!
- Quote from izzadorI could not find anything on the website, I think it's because it varies sometimes. From what I know these seem to be the ones that typically always partner: Baylor, THR, JPS, Parkland, some sites in San Antonio and Longview.....I would contact UTA CON for a full listDoes anyone know where I can find a list of the UTA BSN AP partner hospitals throughout Texas?
Thanks in advance!
- Oct 3, '12 by lharvickLook on page 13 of 19 on this blog for the list of partnered hospitals.
- Oct 3, '12 by svh040789I Posted A Link Of Partnered Hospitals A Few Pages Back.
I Also Applied For WCU.
- Oct 3, '12 by svh040789I'm Hoping We Find Out This Friday Or Next! Just Remember Whatever Happens Is In Gods Plan. Everything Only Happens When It's Supposed To...Out Of Everything Bad Is Something Good We Just Can't See It @ The Moment. I'm Not Being Negative I've Just Been Rejected Before And Emotions + Anticipation Is Nerve Racking. However We Are Cream Of The Crop Regardless. We Are All Gonna Become Nurses REGARDLESS!! Stay Positive Guys. MUCH LOVE. ♥♥
- Oct 4, '12 by txhopeful12A friend of mine called today and they told her they were meeting on October 10th, so we'd know by mid-october. So many conflicting answers I just want to know already
- Oct 4, '12 by mphillipsQuote from txhopeful12Ugh! I don't understand why they can't just be honest with us and let us know what to expect.A friend of mine called today and they told her they were meeting on October 10th, so we'd know by mid-october. So many conflicting answers I just want to know already
txhopeful ~ Are you partnered?