UTA Spring 2012 - page 99
by Mochachild 138,391 Views | 994 Comments
Alas! Here I go again!;) This thread is dedicated to all hopefuls to either of the programs- AP or traditional. Let's partake in the sharing of ideas, suggestions, and/or insight in the "intricacies" of this nursing program. ... Read More
- 0Jan 12, '12 by ChristySstudentjen07,
I was accepted into the spring2012 AP program. I wasn't partnered but on the waiting list. In the THR orientation there were 15 of us unpartnered & all of us had previous degrees. Half of us had Master's or even a doctorate and most of us were still on the waiting list at one time. I'd say unless your partnered or have a degree with a good GPA your chances are higher with traditional.
- 0Jan 12, '12 by studentjen07Quote from ChristySThat is what I have gathered from reading this blog. I applied for both for the fall term. Unless there is a terrible pool I'm betting on the traditional. Congrats on being accepted.studentjen07,I was accepted into the spring2012 AP program. I wasn't partnered but on the waiting list. In the THR orientation there were 15 of us unpartnered & all of us had previous degrees. Half of us had Master's or even a doctorate and most of us were still on the waiting list at one time. I'd say unless your partnered or have a degree with a good GPA your chances are higher with traditional.
- 0Jan 17, '12 by SlinkQuote from AvJKOk, sorry for the previous post, I didn't realize I had to use the quote button! Anyway, is anyone partnered with Cook children's? I'm curious about how the process works and whether you have to sign a contract. I'm a committ-a-phobe and I don't want to be stuck somewhere for years and years.I am partnered w/ Cook Children's. Got accepted to both programs today. 4.0 in science, 3.7 other, 97 on HESI. Was waitlisted for this past Fall. If this is your goal, don't give up, just find out what it takes to make it. You can do this!!
- 0Jan 25, '12 by Misty2012Ms Mila
New to the blog so I hope I don't step on any kind of blog etiquette. I am going to take the math and spelling test for Parkland Friday and I am a little nervous about the math. Can you tell me more about it? Were dosage calculations and metric conversions on it?
Thanks for your help
- 0Jun 30, '12 by studentjen07I just got a call that I could go to the San Antonio or Longview program. Seeing as that I don't have a plan B nor do I have children, I am going to jump on it. Now I have to make the decision of which one. Do I move to San Antonio or Commute to Longview. I don't know much about the San Antonio clinical site other than that it is HCA Methodist. I am thinking it is the one that UTHSCSA rotates at but I'm not sure. I have not found anyone that has done the San Antonio program. Longview has a new Innovative Learning Site that they recently built but I am worried about the commute and how rotating at a rural hospital will look on my resume when looking for a job. I want to work in a urban setting. I'll accept all advice!! Please let me know what ya'll think.
I have until Monday to decide