UTA Spring 2012 - Page 99Register Today!
- Jan 12, '12 by ChristySMcKinneyMom,
I keep trying to use the link you gave to join the group but it doesn't seem to work & what I did get to come up only had 5 members. I talked to quite a few at orientation who said they were on it though. What exactly do you search under to find it?
- Jan 12, '12 by ChristySstudentjen07,
I was accepted into the spring2012 AP program. I wasn't partnered but on the waiting list. In the THR orientation there were 15 of us unpartnered & all of us had previous degrees. Half of us had Master's or even a doctorate and most of us were still on the waiting list at one time. I'd say unless your partnered or have a degree with a good GPA your chances are higher with traditional.
- Jan 12, '12 by studentjen07Quote from ChristySThat is what I have gathered from reading this blog. I applied for both for the fall term. Unless there is a terrible pool I'm betting on the traditional. Congrats on being accepted.studentjen07,I was accepted into the spring2012 AP program. I wasn't partnered but on the waiting list. In the THR orientation there were 15 of us unpartnered & all of us had previous degrees. Half of us had Master's or even a doctorate and most of us were still on the waiting list at one time. I'd say unless your partnered or have a degree with a good GPA your chances are higher with traditional.
- Jan 17, '12 by SlinkI also work at cook children's. Can you give me any details about what Cooks requires? I was wondering if you have to sign a contract with cook to be able to apply
- Jan 17, '12 by SlinkQuote from AvJKOk, sorry for the previous post, I didn't realize I had to use the quote button! Anyway, is anyone partnered with Cook children's? I'm curious about how the process works and whether you have to sign a contract. I'm a committ-a-phobe and I don't want to be stuck somewhere for years and years.I am partnered w/ Cook Children's. Got accepted to both programs today. 4.0 in science, 3.7 other, 97 on HESI. Was waitlisted for this past Fall. If this is your goal, don't give up, just find out what it takes to make it. You can do this!!
- Jan 25, '12 by Misty2012Ms Mila
New to the blog so I hope I don't step on any kind of blog etiquette. I am going to take the math and spelling test for Parkland Friday and I am a little nervous about the math. Can you tell me more about it? Were dosage calculations and metric conversions on it?
Thanks for your help
- Jan 25, '12 by MsMilaHey Misty,
I took it a while ago but it was fairly simple. It had basic math on it but I do believe that it had dosage calculations on it. The spelling part is very elementary! Good luck and keep me posted. I took the test but never got a call back after that.
- Apr 22, '12 by Denisse_1Congrats to all of you that have gotten accepted!
I will be applying for Spring 2013 and I really hope I get in... I will be taking Patho and Pharm together in the fall I would like to know if that worked for some of you that took them together.
- Jun 27, '12 by crystalbrownwas the test hard and can you please tell me how i can study for the test.i have a appt friday
- Jun 30, '12 by studentjen07I just got a call that I could go to the San Antonio or Longview program. Seeing as that I don't have a plan B nor do I have children, I am going to jump on it. Now I have to make the decision of which one. Do I move to San Antonio or Commute to Longview. I don't know much about the San Antonio clinical site other than that it is HCA Methodist. I am thinking it is the one that UTHSCSA rotates at but I'm not sure. I have not found anyone that has done the San Antonio program. Longview has a new Innovative Learning Site that they recently built but I am worried about the commute and how rotating at a rural hospital will look on my resume when looking for a job. I want to work in a urban setting. I'll accept all advice!! Please let me know what ya'll think.
I have until Monday to decide