Science courseRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Science course in University of Texas Arlington Online Nursing Degrees, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... I am a Img it's been more than 10 yrs since my graduation, so do I need to do the prerequisites...by Smilemle Jun 26, '12I am a Img it's been more than 10 yrs since my graduation, so do I need to do the prerequisites again .I see for science course there is no time limit does it mean i need not do prerequisites on Anatomy,physiology,microbiology?what does that mean and what are considered science subjects .Can anybody please tell how much does it cost to do prerequisites in Tcc ,or community colleges.Do they have online or weekend classes at Tarrant county college.Any information is helpful .Thank you for your time.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=749359©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 798 Views
- Jun 26, '12 by Topaz7I am not sure where that is, but at the college I attend if you took your science course over 7 years ago you have to retake it. Guess it all depends on where you are.
- Jun 26, '12 by SmilemleThank you Topaz7.
- Jun 27, '12 by Topaz7No problem though I'm sure I wasn't much help :P
- Jun 27, '12 by sdlaneYou will have to take the science classes over because of the time limitations. Check with the nursing school you want to attend to be sure. TCCD is about $200 to $300 per 4 credit course depending on whether you are in district or out of district. DCCCD has several A&P courses around the same price check it out. Good Luck !
- Jun 27, '12 by Dean of Health Carehi smilemle i can help. i am the dean of health care profesions at tcc and here are my answers:
1. since an img is an international medical graduate you are definitely in a position to do well. (fyi)
2. however yes if you are interested in nursing school at tcc, you need to retake the pre-requisites if more than 5 years have passed. (a&p i & ii and micro only – not chem.)
3. examples of science courses such as a&p, microbiology, etc. (the sciences required are: a&p i & ii, microbiology and chemistry (#1406))
4. how much does it cost to take pre-requisites at tcc ??? $780.00 avg per semester (for how many cr hrs?)
5. does tcc have any online or weekend classes? yes tcc offers both online classes and weekend classes. however the weekend classes are for the general courses and not for any specific nursing lecture style course.
please let me know if i can help more...call 817-515-2453 if you need more information.
hope to see you at tcc.
- Jun 27, '12 by SmilemleThank you so much for all the information.I appreciate.