RN-BSN online at UTA Arlington - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 24, '10 by Mr. JoebotoQuote from powellrnI'm taking most of my classes at TCC. At UTA I've only taken the intro to nursing class and tech writing. I've got patho and pharma this fall and hopefully I'll be able to start the program next year!Thanks, tech writing is a lot of work as you said, what others classes did u take, how about statistics, have you finished the program,
- Aug 24, '10 by powellrnthanks for the reply, it was a relief o hear someone had been thru tech writing, good luck next year.
- Dec 5, '10 by lifeofjoyHi Powellrn, How was the writing class? Did you make it through okay? Thanks for any advice you can give regarding the courses. I am thinking of applying.
- Sep 11, '11 by mekkaI've started the technical writing class through UTA. It is time consuming because all the the quizes, discussions, papers and like someone said some wks are harder to get through. The class is 5 weeks total and I have one more week left. Right now I am wondering how Professional A & B are through UTA is, I am really nervous actually. Any feedback anyone?
- Sep 12, '11 by ICURN099HEY anyone know if we need the access code with our "Concise Guide to Technical Communication" book by Gurak? I am trying to buy the book online, but can't tell if the access code/CD-ROM are included....does anyone know if we utilize anything else other than the book??? I start Prof. Nrsg A & Tech Writing on 09/26! Thanks!
- Sep 14, '11 by mekkaIcurn09
If u ordered ur book online it does come with the access code. I am also starting starting Professional A September 26. We should keep in touch. Email me @ email@example.com
- Sep 14, '11 by anawDid you already buy your book for Intro to Nurse? If not, I still have my book in case you want to buy . my email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sep 14, '11 by anawI am also taking tech writing starting on 9/26 , I will buy my book online
- Oct 3, '11 by mzsantanaHello meeka, icurn099, and anaw. I am currently enrolled in UTA's RN to BSN program as well with both Prof Nursing A & B and Technical Writing that started 9/26...I would love to keep in contact as well...email@example.com
@Icurn099, I bought my book online for like $35 and paid an extra $15 for the access code. The book on the campus website is like $85. Sorry I'm late...you probably already bought your book by now.
@meeka, I would like to know how the technical writing class was for you. Please send me an email because I barely get on allnurses.
- Oct 4, '11 by iLOVEbeesSomeone asked about stats at UTA. I just complete my UTA stats class recently.
It's 8 weeks long. The instructor is really, really good and explains things very well. She gives excellent lectures and her examples are completely documented so there is no wondering where she came up with something.
I got an A and would recommend the class. The tests are all open book so it's nice to not have to memorize formulas.
Please note that I did not say it was easy. You do have to learn new concepts and statistics is different from algebra but it's not rocket science.
Oh, and buy a used Ti-83+ calculator. You won't use its advanced functions at all but it makes it easier to do some of the formulas, it's what the instructor uses, and sometimes she gives step by step dirctions for solving things using her Ti-83+. A used one is maybe $50. New are about $100.