Need help grouping general education classes for RN to BSNRegister Today!
- by lilkimball05 Oct 6, '12Hey everyone,
I need a liitle help grouping my remaining general education classes for the RN to BSN program. I am currently in US Govt and will take Texas Govt the next 8 week session. I will still have Eng. Lit, Algebra, Statistics, History I, History II, Sociology, and a Lit. class as general education classes. I thought of doubling up on some but not sure which ones would be ok to do that with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
- 1,911 Views
- Oct 6, '12 by MeriwhenDO NOT take History I and II together. History I has lots of projects, assignments, discussion questions, quizzes, etc...all on VERY strict deadline. The volume of reading is staggering...the textbook isn't the problem, it's the ton of additional primary readings that they assign. They give minimal guidance on projects. The class claims it takes 12-18 hours of effort each week...I'm a very good student and I find myself at the top end of that scale every week. And unlike the nursing classes, History I won't let you work ahead: each week's work opens up one at a time. From what I hear, History II is the same way
- Oct 6, '12 by lilkimball05Thanks for the heads up Meriwhen
- Oct 6, '12 by 9livesRNI took both history classes together and statistics with lit. History was hard together but doable, thanks to YouTube and the smithsonian videos! If I could replan I would do hist 1 with English lit and hist 2 with stats. I hated stats! It was self taught for the most part, you need to do ALL book exercises if you want to do weep, once the lectures teach you the basic concepts! You got to do the hard problems on the book, buy the packet, do the exams from the packets and watch YouTube videos on statistical elements that you cant quite grasp!
- Oct 9, '12 by lilkimball05Thanks alot 9livesRN great information
- Oct 9, '12 by kgnurseI am taking my first GE at UTA on 10/22. I am trying to see if I can access my syllabus and work ahead on my homework. However, I do not see my course list on the blackboard. Can anyone tell me when is it usually available to us?? thanks a lot
- Oct 15, '12 by ScarletFireQuote from kgnursehi kgnurse,I am taking my first GE at UTA on 10/22. I am trying to see if I can access my syllabus and work ahead on my homework. However, I do not see my course list on the blackboard. Can anyone tell me when is it usually available to us?? thanks a lot
for me, it was the thurs or fri before the class begins, so check back later this week.
- Oct 16, '12 by kgnurseThanks a lot ScarletFire