Looking into UTA RN to BSN program need advice - Page 2Register Today!
- May 25, '12 by SCSTxRNI am about to graduate UTA's program in a little less than a year from starting, I had no prereqs to take. There were several people in class with me doing their prereqs at the same time. If you've taken freshman english, you start with tech writing at the same time they took the A&B course - which is the first. Everything has to be done by capstone. There are a few papers, a couple of field assignments... nothing super crazy difficult, assuming you've got decent time management skills.
- May 27, '12 by kcdunlapI started in Oct. 2011 had 2 core course and the 9 nursing classes and I will finish in Aug. 2012. So, about 10 months for me and the cost was about $8650 without fees.Last edit by kcdunlap on May 27, '12
- May 30, '12 by sweetlilwolfThanks for the great feedback!! very helpful i need to get all my transcripts sent to them to let me know what id need to take
- Jun 1, '12 by BinaxoxoI am a student of UTA and am enrolled with the RN-BSN program. I am happy with the program. It is challenging, but well worth it. The months go so fast, you will finish before you know it!
- Jun 7, '12 by koolestkatBy prereq are you talking about the A&P, micro, History classes?
- Jun 7, '12 by koolestkatI have an ADN and quite a few classes that I want to transfer in (lit classes for example). Would you say they are good about giving credit for classes from other universities? And, what about stats and algebra, did you take it there? How hard? Math is not my thing. I'm willing to do the work....
- Jun 19, '12 by practiceRNI'm finishing up part B of Introduction to Professional Nursing; I have completed Part A and technical writing. I can say that I have learned a lot, however its been a struggle. I've taken an online course before, but it was with the college I was attending and a completely different atmosphere. I will not continue with University of Texas at Arlington.
There is little to no help it you don't understand something, absolutely no say in who your academic coach is, no one to call if you need to confirm that you have done the assignment correct and if the academic coach is new to the program, good luck with the technical stuff cause even though you call support to help her she may not get it...how not to delete an entire discussion group, then grade you on not participating after she deleted it and you have no proof except for the 5 individual who did the work on time. I was belittled by my coach, wrote to the professor and never received a reply (no way to call, that's only for non-online students ). Not worth the frustration IMO. Another highlight is that it talks heavily about Texas nursing laws so if you are in Texas its helpful.
- Sep 16, '12 by SCSTxRNThey transferred in courses that I didn't think were equivalent - but then kind of screwed me on an upper division nursing elective. Got it straightened out, though - eventually.
- Sep 18, '12 by BinaxoxoHas any of you taken microbiology? How is the class? I want to know your opinion of the class and the workload. How the final is, etc.
- Oct 25, '12 by OCteleRNHello,
I just registered for the writting technical class that starts in Nov. would it be difficult to also take Professional Nursing A while working full time 4 days 12hr shifts? I have never taken online classes before. THANKS! FOR YOUR HELP