Wrong choices for assignments - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 14, '02 by pjhAlways remember to sign for just 3 months you call handle anything, and make sure it's in your contract not to float although if your not willing to float you might not get the job. I was also promised ER and I've been stuck up on a surgical floor and they need the help so bad there's no way Im getting back in the ER and I hate it, but you live and learn and I only have 6 wks left and it was verbal not in writting so learn from my experience.
- Apr 14, '02 by jefccuYour right PJH, I also have only 6 wks left on my assignment. I have a new company and have the new contract with specifics written on paper. I will never go to somewhere without eveything spelled out. Good luck and remember one or two bad assignments can't break our spirits.
- Apr 23, '02 by herditalHas any one taken an assignment in DElaware? I bought a house there 9 miles from the beach Hoping to turn it into The Nightingale Rose Bed &Breakfast. so all you burned out nurses have a place to go and crash. Then you might remember why you wanted to be a nurse in the first placeIn the meantime I need a place to put afew shifts in I will be commuting from cal I am a critical care nurse.
- Apr 24, '02 by OC_An KheYou might want to mention to the employer that "mislead" you on the floating that when fellow traveling RNs ask how the assignmment went; you wouldn't recommend any RN accept an assignment at that institution until they change their level of integrity.
- Apr 24, '02 by lever5Herdital,
Wow. Never been in Delaware, but I would come to your bed and breakfast.
- Apr 27, '02 by MSprisRNIt is awful that this happens but it does. I too was promised something and when I got to my assignment I never got it. I have also learned a valuable lesson.:imbar ALWAYS GET IT IN WRITING!