Hey all, I'm a seasoned traveler, but not when it comes to travel nursing
I have no qualms or worries about the long road trip ahead, just super excited. The only thing I'm having trouble with are decisions like:
* Do I road trip it with my cat, Kona? (it'll be an amazing journey, but kind of unfair to him being locked up for a few weeks in such a small space)
* Do I fly up (much cheaper, but no vehicle while in Anchorage) with him under my seat for only a few hrs and miss out on the epic journey I could've taken if I weren't concerned for him? (I love him to death, had him since he was 4 wks old, covered in fleas with a big belly full of worms
* There's a seasonally expensive ferry I can take from WA to AK but it'd be financially smarter to drive up the Stewart-Cassiar Hwy during late May (mild weather) and take the ferry back during Sept (lower prices)- I'd love to camp it on the way up but A.) NOT ALONE and B.) A LITTLE NERVOUS about BEARS, considering FL camping hasn't really given me the experience I'd like to be prepared for them and what about KONA? Is he potential food?!
* Is there ANYBODY out there that is going to AK for work this summer that wants to share the journey part of the way?
* ANY additional information at ALL about travel nursing in Alaska is very welcome, PM or public, I love hearing people's opinions and personal experiences... it's vey helpful, although I may not agree with it, it's always worth hearing about! Thanks everyone.