- by cheryl056 Feb 9Has anyone taken the dreaded PBDS? How was it? What states uses it? Very nervous about taking it. Have heard some nurses won't take a job that it is required.
- Feb 9 by PMKNSEQuote from cheryl056Pantravelers website lists the facilities that use it. I haven't taken it and hoping not too. Just because I don't want to fail it and be jobless.Has anyone taken the dreaded PBDS? How was it? What states uses it? Very nervous about taking it. Have heard some nurses won't take a job that it is required.
- Feb 9 by cheryl056That why I'm scared to death to take it!!
- Feb 9 by ccweisbardWell it's been about 4.5 yrs since I took it, but I have. My previous facility no longer uses it. Basically they expect you to be able to take a set of symptoms, pick the correct diagnosis and then be able to "tell the doctor" (via the computer) how to treat it. I found it pretty easy, but some nurses just don't think that way and aren't assertive with their physicians like I am... Good luck, it isn't that bad!!!
- Feb 9 by jskgx2I've taken it twice and passed both times with the most recent time being in September. I found it very easy, maybe because I'm comfortable with the computer and a younger nurse (3 years). The advice I give others is act as if you're getting report from a horrible nurse and you have to put the pieces together to treat the pt. Good luck, it's not that bad!
- Feb 10 by PMKNSELet us know how it went after you take it.
- Feb 10 by PMKNSEPlease come back and let us know how it went.
- Feb 10 by cheryl056I'm hoping not to have to take it for a while. But I do I surely will be singing from the roof tops.
- Feb 11 by flexisealI never took it until December and I've been traveling 5 years. I did pass, but will most likely decline any jobs that require this testing in the future.
Not out of fear of failing the exam, but out of fear that I'll be treated poorly as a traveler and maybe they are a bit outdated and behind on things. I don't like being told things like "if you don't pass it, your contract will be canceled" during my orientation. It adds stress to me and is unnecessary. I don't trust places like that.
But if you must take it, if you really do google searches on the test, you will find some helpful info.