Onc Travelers, do you exist?Register Today!
- by Jess.RN87 May 25, '12Hello all!
I have been an Med/Surg Onc nurse for 2 years now and am ready to travel. I've heard from one agency about a few Onc jobs, but they're few and far between when compared to Med/Surg. I love Hem/Onc as well as GYN Onc. Any suggestions on how to find these specific types of jobs or is traveling more about Med/Surg?
I haven't decided on where to go yet, but I'm leaning toward southern California. What are some traveler-friendly hospitals there?
Oh, and if anyone is looking for a travel buddy, PM me. I'm kind of nervous about the prospect of traveling across the country by myself, but if it comes down to that I will do it!
Thanks for the input!
- 500 Views
- May 26, '12 by vilcjyrnI'm in the same situation as you. Have you seen anything available?
- May 27, '12 by alwayskatiekThere are onc positions available, but there are more med/surg positions available. I'm not sure about southern California, but message me if u want names of people I work with.
- May 28, '12 by NedRNThere are definitely openings. Sure there are more med surg openings, but so? There are also more spots open at McDonalds nationwide.
Larger agencies will have more possibilities. You might also try Arnica Therapy Services if you are interested in hospice care. Chemo certification and radiation training are important if you want to do acute care as a traveler.
- May 28, '12 by CarryThatWeightI'm not sure about traveling, but City of Hope is a fantastic cancer hospital in Southern California. I would check them out and see if there are any opportunities there, if you're looking to go to SoCal.