Cardon Children's Hospital- Mesa, AZRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Cardon Children's Hospital- Mesa, AZ in Travel Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... Has anyone been to Cardon Children's in Mesa, AZ? I was wondering what your experience was like and...by Jennabebe Oct 19, '11Has anyone been to Cardon Children's in Mesa, AZ? I was wondering what your experience was like and how the sim lab testing was? I just accepted a position starting in Dec-March. Pay seems decent and I have heard the area is nice. Thanks.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=630623©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,052 Views
- Oct 19, '11 by 79TangoIve never worked there but I know exactly where it is... WOW, good for you. I didnt know Banner was still using travelers. I sent you a private message, that location is 10-15 min from everything-- Airport, ASU, Scottsdale, Spring training, Nightlife, etc. I lived 1-mile from there while going to college about 4 years ago.
- Oct 26, '11 by kymgc76My first and fourth travel assignments were at Cardon Children's on the hem/onc and infant/toddler floors. I am now a permanent staff member (relocating from the Philly area). Everyone here is super nice and team players. The hospital itself is in a great location, close to the highway, with lots of shopping and whatnot. Usually in the winter the census picks up and there are plenty of opportunities to pickup extra time if interested. Travelers do get pulled first, but I never had any problem on any floor. They give you assignments that are appropriate for you. Good luck and congrats!
- Oct 26, '11 by 79TangoKymgc76, thanks for sharing.. What are the housing stipends for that area like? I have a fully furnished condo on Alma/Southern that sits empty about 8months out of the year.
- Oct 27, '11 by kymgc76I had great housing about 6 miles from the hospital in Gilbert, but my travel company no longer uses it. The second time I was here I was housed in Scottsdale, 20 miles from the hospital. Alma & Southern is pretty close to Cardon, Im not sure which apartments are there but I can check. There's a lot of shops and grocery stores in that area. The streets are on a grid so it's easy to find your way. My apartments were always clean as well as the furniture. I had no problems in either apartment.
- Oct 30, '11 by nurse1dayHello
I actually just took a travel position at this facility from December to March. I will be working on the pedi heme onc floor. I am currently looking for a place to live any other suggestions? Thanks
- Nov 1, '11 by JennabebeI will be on the Pedi Hem/Onc floor also nurse1day. Do you start orientation on Dec.12?
- Nov 1, '11 by nurse1dayYes I also start on December 12th. Where will you be staying? I am currently looking for a place to stay. Have you found somewhere or will you be taking company housing. You can email me if you want email@example.com.
- Nov 1, '11 by 79TangoIf you have the name or location of the "company housing" let me know and ill tell you if its ghetto or not.
- Nov 4, '11 by nursebazzoccoCongrats to all the nurse who got a temp. position at Cardon's for the winter. I just got my phone call today offering me a winter position on the toddler/infant floor too! I'm a little nervous since I have only been a nurse for 4 months and they decided to give me a chance! I am really hoping for a good experience.
Oh and i'm also looking for housing too! Yikes! If anyone can help that would be great!