Best Websites/Apps for Travel RNs?Register Today!
- by BlueBabyNurse Oct 11, '12Hey everybody!
This is my first travel assignment, and I've gotten a TON of helpful information from my fellow travelers thus far during orientation. I'm hoping to add this post in an attempt to get some additional helpful info for not only myself, but also for anyone reading this.
What are your favorite travel websites? (There are a TON out there!)
Do you have any helpful smartphone apps that you find helpful to use?
Thanks in advance
- Oct 11, '12 by NedRNAllnurses doesn't like posting links but they seem to be OK with names. I'm not sure if you are talking travel nurse sites or ordinary travel sites, but for travel nursing, two of the best are PanTravelers (comprehensive travel nurse information and a great calculator for travel company offers), and TravelTax for travel nurse specific tax info. I usually drive to assignments so I don't use sites like Kayak et al very often.
- Feb 24 by SCRN01I will second TravelTax. Very friendly people and they definitely know their stuff. Another website is travelnursehelp. You can search hospitals for information about the area around the hospital and they have some good resources and articles for first-time travelers. The allnurses forum seems to be the most popular forum by far so probably your best bet for responses to questions from other travelers
- Feb 25 by NedRNActually, AllNurses is the largest nursing forum, but is not the largest traveler forum. There is a list of all useful resources around the Web (including this one) for travelers on PanTravelers.
- Feb 27 by SCRN01So which forum is the largest for travelers?