What do nurses in Texas make per hour (Base pay)?Register Today!
This is a discussion on What do nurses in Texas make per hour (Base pay)? in Texas Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... I've been thinking about moving to Austin in the next few months and I've been updating my resume...by Brewer,RN Apr 26, '12I've been thinking about moving to Austin in the next few months and I've been updating my resume and filling out applications, but I'm not sure what to ask for as far as wage requirements. I currently live in a small city and make $20.42/hr, but cost of living is fairly low. I know one person who I went to nursing school with who says he makes $26.50/hr base pay, but he is also 20 years older than me and has a 15 year EMS record. Is $26/hr base pay too much to ask for? How much do nurses make in Texas base pay? P.S. I have an ADN and 2 years ICU experience.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=702716©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 7,184 Views
- Apr 26, '12 by not.done.yetDon't move to Austin (or any of the major cities in Texas, but especially Austin, which is saturated) without a job lined up.
New grad pay in Texas in acute care is 21.50-24.00 generally speaking. Not sure about experienced. Austin has a very high cost of living due to being a high demand area and housing is both expensive and hard to find.
- Apr 26, '12 by tnbutterflyMoved to TX Nurses for more response.
- Apr 26, '12 by Brewer,RNThat's why I'm filling out applications before I move in July. If I don't have a job lined up by then I'm not moving. I just want to know a pay range from actual nurses (not just salary websites that may inflate or deflate pay based on external influences) so I'll know whether or not my wage requirement will be taken seriously. In the town I live in right now, there's hardly any competition as far as both nurses and hospitals go, and requesting $26/hr would probably make the manager fall out of their chair laughing before they threw the application in the trash.
- Apr 30, '12 by Bortaz, RNTexas is THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSS big, and so asking " How much do nurses make in Texas base pay?" isn't really gonna get you anywhere.
- Apr 30, '12 by not.done.yetShe did ask about Austin specifically
- May 1, '12 by GradStudent2012I am a graduate student in the Austin area and have been looking for a job since February. Austin is SATURATED because there are several schools of nursing located here so the job market is very tight. Several of my peers who have landed jobs earn about $22 an hour. That's with no experience though. Hope this helps! Good luck to you!