UTHSC-Houston Spring 2013 - page 107
Hi, I am new to allnurses.com and i wanted to start a topic for the Spring 2013 applicants at UTHSC Houston. Where we can keep each other posted on the process as it nears. I have yet to take the HESI but i wonder if anyone... Read More
- 1Dec 12, '12 by denimzbQuote from javagal70I called UT (I'm wait listed too) and they told me to just reapply for fall semester before Jan. 15 and no need to resend transcripts.Is anyone else reapplying for the Fall 2013 who was waitlisted for Spring 2013? What is the process? I'm assuming we dont have to resend old transcripts, but I am sure we have to submit another application.
- 0Dec 12, '12 by txgirl7788Quote from denimzbdenimzb, did it sound like they were telling you that because all spots for the spring were secure? I'm on the waitlist as well and it's killing me!I called UT (I'm wait listed too) and they told me to just reapply for fall semester before Jan. 15 and no need to resend transcripts.
- 1Dec 14, '12 by KekebrwnQuote from HoneyBug0112My Gpa was around that and I got a C in Chemistry. I would say as long as your other classes are fine don't worry too much about that. Just do well on the Hesi.Do you think 3.4 is too low to apply? I'm considering retaking chem. Input?
- 0Dec 14, '12 by Kimbers2882I think you are good, but it is really hard to tell what they are looking for. There have been people on here who said they have a 4.0 GPA and did not get accepted... Just do well on the Hesi like kekebrwn and I think you should be fine. They said at the info session that they understand that not everyone will do well in all of their classes, but that shouldn't hurt you as long as you meet/exceed minimum requirements.
- 1Dec 14, '12 by herrismithSo the application deadline for the summer accelerated program was December 1. I just got my fall semester grades, and all of my GPAs have gone up. I'm going to send them an updated transcript asap, but I was wondering if they will have these updated grades to go by when they go over the applications? Hmm... just thinking out loud. So now, my stats are as follows:
nursing prereqs - 3.83
science - 3.67
overall undergraduate (and I have a B.A.) - 3.76
Hesi of 95.4% and an 860 critical thinking.
If I can't get in, I'm going to take organic chemistry and just go to medical school! It seems like it's easier to get in to medical school than this nursing school!!! No, I wont do that... I don't want to be a doctor. I want to be a nurse. Sorry... anxiety is getting the best of me here! Probably a hangover from finals stress.....