UT Tyler Spring '13 Admission - page 3
Anyone out there applied for Spring 2013 admission to UT Tyler? I'm actually doing the Accelerated Program, but would love to hear from anyone about their points and how they feel about their application! I'm dying to find out if... Read More
- 0Oct 31, '12 by KRBeeI have not received any word from my adviser ******* ****, so I plan to email her again tomorrow if she does not reply.
With most of you, I know nothing about the area. I would like to live in Ornelas Hall triple occupancy (simply because I am tired of doubles) but I don't know if I will get assigned to it. I would've preferred living with other nurses but I already sent in my housing application. On another note, I don't have a car so transportation's gonna be a problem for me. I would need to take a bus if it works with my schedule and/or ask to carpool with someone (but I'd rather not bother anyone)!Last edit by tnbutterfly on Nov 1, '12 : Reason: Due to privacy issues, please do not post names of school officials
- 0Oct 31, '12 by luckyberriesQuote from nursingstudent9I'm currently at UTA too! I got my CPR last Saturday with a lady in Hurst. it's only $50 and two hours. You should check it out. Just google It's breath taking CPR. I love that lady. I need to find an apartment there and I don't know where to start, any suggestions?**** ***** is my advisor and I have yet to hear from him . I am at UTA this semester and I also need to take the CPR class. I have no idea how to find a class but if I get any info on the class, i'll post here. I was wondering the same thing about the other forums...no idea at this point it looks like we are all in the same boat, as we know nothing about Tyler. lets keep each other updated!Last edit by tnbutterfly on Nov 1, '12
- 0Oct 31, '12 by hopeful_stI don't think it's for our class. Someone make a page. I think the advisors are only there on certain days b/c mine said she's usually there on Wednesday and Thursday so be patient I guess idk. Hope y'all hear back from them though. I did my CPR class in Plano over the summer and paid like 30 I think and it was like 2 hrs I think. Google places you'll find some
- 0Oct 31, '12 by KRBeeMy adviser emailed me back. I learned that the number of students that applied to the program and were accepted are currently confidential. Darn, I was curious on the statistics and where I lay in them.
I took the Texas Heart CPR class in Plano. It was 35$ cash and I would say it's about 2 hours. I would definitely renew my BLS here.Last edit by Esme12 on Nov 5, '12 : Reason: TOS/removed link
- 0Oct 31, '12 by hopeful_stI don't see why it's confidential...
But anyways thats where I took my CPR class too. The lady is really nice and they have a special this week - its only $25!
Do any of you know where you can get Meningitis shots for cheaper than $130-$150? Let me know if any of you do pls and I have no insurance either.
- 0Oct 31, '12 by nursingstudent9I will def look into some of those places! Thanks for the tips!
As far as a Facebook page, I wont be able to create an account but I'll def join if someone else makes one.
Im trying to schedule a visit to Tyler ASAP so I will be sure to look into places and let yall know what happens.
I ended up emailing my advisor again so we will see how long it takes.
I think between 80-90 people got accepted.
As far as shots go, I really have no idea. There are community clinics around that sometimes offer shots, its just a matter of finding them.
- 0Nov 1, '12 by luckyberriesThe County health department has all the other shots for $25 if you don't have insurance. they don't cover meningitis though, but I think it's $115 for Tarrant county. We need to make an appointment with our advisor and ****** ******, right? Also my advisor emailed me back, I don't know if y'all were already told this but DO NOT BUY Skyescape. She says we're not using it this year.Last edit by tnbutterfly on Nov 1, '12 : Reason: Due to privacy issues, please do not post names of school officials