TVCC 2013 applicants ADN (Got 21 points?)Register Today!
- by lth1123 Aug 1, '12I will be applying to TVCC this fall, and this is the first year for the new max of 21 points. I'm just wondering since there are no offical records, how many people have 21 points? I don't have 21 points pushing hard for 15. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
- Aug 2, '12 by monica83No I don't have 21 points either not sure how many yet
- Aug 22, '12 by smason09I have 18 right now but ***** said I can count my points for Fall classes. If that is the case I'll have 20 points.Last edit by Esme12 on Aug 22, '12 : Reason: TOS staff identifier
- Aug 22, '12 by lth1123@ smason09 thanks for the reply. I must say you are not the competition I need! LOL I have been trying to get an idea of how many points we are going to need? But, if TVCC completion ratio of the BSN classes are like the students in DCCCD, Lord help us. They going to throw all of us away that are at the door, because we don't have a degree already. I wish you well, but you got this in the bag. If i don't get accepted, it's still ok since I've started on the BSN classes I'll just keep going. However, without an acceptance letter for next year I'll be fighting for a BSN acceptance letter after that.
- Aug 23, '12 by smason09It's hard to tell what the max number of points needed to get in is going to be. Hopefully, you will have plenty! Fortunately, I had already completed some of the BSN courses prior to the change. I took three courses this summer so I could make sure I had the max number of points. I think you will be fine with 15. A lot of people I've talked to have about the same number as you!!! Praying for us all Good luck!
- Sep 4, '12 by MorganBI have 20 points( B.S. Biology) and will be applying to the program as a backup plan if I'm not accepted to the DCCCD. Prayerfully Northlake lets me in though if I could have weekend clinicals at TVCC I'd take Kaufman in a heartbeat! Goodluck to everyone.
- Sep 5, '12 by lth1123Morgan B I've read some of your post on the DCCCD threads. I think you are in where ever you want to be. Good luck!
- Sep 14, '12 by MorganBHope the lord says the same!
- Sep 26, '12 by PJE22I spoke with someone today in the nursing department, he said he guessing that based on the applications they have already received the cut-off will be around 17 points.
- Oct 3, '12 by flowerpowernowQuote from PJE22Please don't tell me that!I spoke with someone today in the nursing department, he said he guessing that based on the applications they have already received the cut-off will be around 17 points.
I just recently starting looking into TVCC and I really like what I see so far. Do they only have an incoming class every Fall (no Spring)? I'll have 17 points including my upcoming Spring semester but not in time for the Dec deadline- I'll only have 15. They have a very early app deadline unfortunately
And what is that computer Pre-Rec? I have a Bach degree but never took anything like that...