Texas Tech BSN 2 Spring 2013 - Page 13Register Today!
- Oct 18, '12 by yejin0816Is there certain rules that I need to follow for the essay except the ones that Kayla mentioned.
Do I have to do intro, main body, and conclusion type of things?
I just wanted to make sure that I am writing this correctly since I suck at writing essay..
- Oct 20, '12 by payupalice@dragonfly88, I do have over a year of work experience as a clinical assistant (basically a nurse's aide) at Seton's Brackenridge Hospital.
- Oct 22, '12 by aldrummondI got an interview...my GPA's aren't even over 3.5, I got an 86 on my TEAS and I have very little CNA experience. I have worked from home for several years and most of my pre-reqs I took online. I spoke with Marylin and she said that experience with independent learning was very important, since the program is web-based. I'm sure general life experience is important as well, Kayla said there isn't any one factor that would keep someone out. Meeting as many requirements as possible would give an applicant the best chance. I am so impressed with everyone's GPA's. I was feeling pretty confident until now. As for the essay, I felt it was hard to keep it to 500 words, there was so much I wanted to say. Good Luck to everyone!
- Oct 25, '12 by MtnLion512Got an interview. Prereq GPA 3.4x, Sciences GPA 3.67, TEAS adjusted score 92%. Got CNA last fall and have worked as tech @ hospital since then.
I've worked closely with a couple of people in the program and what I've generally understood is that CNA & hospital work experience are highly valued, as of course is GPA and test scores. Interview is of paramount importance. It's clear they really do look at everything holistically and for good "fit".
Looking forward to interviews next week - best of luck to everyone!
- Oct 25, '12 by Jude19Does anyone know how many people are being interviewed and/or accepted this time?
- I was told 120 or so apply and 70 receive interviews. They accept 35.
- I have 5 years working as a medical assistant for allergist and ENT doctors. I am also a paramedic. I just interviewed today.
- Oct 29, '12 by yejin0816how was your interview, Medtechtocrna?
- I feel like it went well. The questions were similar to what I have read online. Now we wait...
- Oct 30, '12 by MedtechtocrnaWho else has interviewed? How did it go? Best of luck to all of you.