Spring 2013 El Centro College ADN - page 3
by MorganB 59,254 Views | 370 Comments
Hi everyone! I was just wondering were there any others who were applying for Spring 2013. I was in nursing school many moons ago (2003 el centro), and have decided to take care of unfinished business. I'm super excited about... Read More
- 0Jun 4, '12 by MorganBHey laina if you look under continuing education there are hesi review courses. they are for ap, reading, math and whatever else we are tested on. I'm not sure if they are helpful or not, perhaps someone who has taken them will chime in, but hey they couldn't hurt. It seems like the ap portion comes from the second half of ap. I am planning to do ap as well as the math. Hope that helped! :-)
- 0Jun 5, '12 by Yankees77Quote from MorganBHi Morgan,Hi everyone!
I was just wondering were there any others who were applying for Spring 2013. I was in nursing school many moons ago (2003 el centro), and have decided to take care of unfinished business. I'm super excited about the new points system. I actually hope to attend Northlake--we live in Coppell. I'll be taking HPRS 1204 this summer there as well. Is anyone else petitioning the five year limit on their science courses? I Have all the Science courses complete except HPRS so I'm petitioning since I majored in Biology (UTA). I'm also hoping they will take my Calculus I in lieu of college algerbra. Lots to do! Prayerful that God shows favor on us all!
I'm applying for the Spring 13 program as well. Good luck to everyone!! HPRS was easy and a nice introductory course. I took over several courses trying to get an A when everything was based solely on prereq's. I know there are many people disappointed by the change in procedure, but I for one am happy and excited about it. I've got everything but writing and micro. I'm scheduled for the Hesi on June 30 and need to do my Hep B vaccines.
Have you done all your vaccines?
- 0Jun 14, '12 by Wyrm74MorganB, the Hep B vaccines take 6 months to complete and your application will not be accepted unless all your vaccinations are done, so you might want to get going on those! I suppose they could have changed that requirement when I wasn't looking, so please ignore me if I'm wrong. Best of luck to you!
- 0Jul 2, '12 by shawnswifeHello Everyone!
I am also planning to apply for Spring 2013. I decided nursing was for me in March, and have been rushing and trying to get all of my eggs in a row since then. So I am trying to rack up as many points as possible before the application deadline. If everything goes well, and I do well on the HESI, I am in line for 21 points. :-( Not as good as I hoped because I am a little worried about being still competitive with only 21 points... How many points is everyone aiming for?
- 0Jul 2, '12 by MorganBI have 18 points without the HESI if my 5 year course waiver is granted, if it isn't granted then I will have 17 points. I plan to take the HESI starting in two weeks, so we shall see. My goal and prayer is 28 points. Shawnswife I think 21 points may just work heck you never know, I say go for it. I really think the change will bring the number of apps down for the Spring semester just because so many people were caught off guard. Now for fall 2013 it may a different ball game all together.