Okay well I took the exam today and here are the time limits in case anyone needs them. The time limits make finishing the test difficult especially since Collin does the PSB on paper and there is no digital timer in the room, just a clock but when under that much stress it's hard to pay attention to the hands. I would recommend bringing a watch with you to keep track of timing, so mad I didn't think of this! Overall, I found the exam easy I will go into more detail below. I do not know my results yet and hate that I have to wait 2 weeks!
- Academic Aptitude: 35 minutes, 90 Questions
There is no calculator allowed but you totally do not need it. This section was really easy, however I was not able to finish the entire thing. I left about 5 blank because I lost track of time.
- Spelling: 15 Minutes, 50 Questions. This section was hard for me just because I have never seen many of the words. I will say that knowing the spelling rules would probably help with this section. I got many of the words because of studying from the NLN Review Book. Had more than enough time to go back over everything.
- Reading Comprehension: 15 Minutes, 40 Questions
Ahhh the dreaded reading comp section. I totally freaked out on this section and was unable to finish it all, I left about 10 blank. I do think it is totally possible to finish this section though. Many review books and people say not to read the entire section, but I do not recommend this because the passages are small and densely packed with information. I read the first 2 passages and thought I should skim for the last - total mistake- I would have finished it if I had just read it, just my opinion though. I recommend practicing with a timer from the review books, but don't worry too much because the book passages are much longer than any of the passages I had.
- Science: 30 Minutes (maybe 35 can't remember), 90 Questions
I loooovved this section! By far my favorite. The PSB science section was way better than the TEAS V which I had to take for TWU. The PSB science section focused on things you would need to know as a nurse like biology and A&P. There was some electrical questions and some chemistry too, but not much. This was very basic and I had time to go back over any I was worried about.
- Vocational Adjustment: 15 Minutes, 90 Questions
This section doesn't require any studying, super easy, was able to finish with time left over.
Okay well that's all I can think of for now. Let me know if you have any questions cause I know there are so few posts about the PSB at Collin.