Parkland Residency's for January 2013Register Today!
This is a discussion on Parkland Residency's for January 2013 in Texas Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hi guys! I just wanted to start a thread for everyone applying for the January residency's at...by rnamelia Nov 4, '12Hi guys!
I just wanted to start a thread for everyone applying for the January residency's at Parkland so we can keep each other updated on progress. I've been told that they take their time in getting back to people and the process is slow! I applied to the ER and MICU last weekend and haven't heard anything yet. What specialty areas have you guys applied to and have you been contacted yet?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=795846©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 13,977 Views
- Nov 4, '12 by xandarosaHello, I applied to ER, L&D, and NICU. I'm working in home health right now so I decided not to apply to anything I don't love. I haven't heard anything.Last edit by xandarosa on Nov 4, '12 : Reason: Forgot to add info.
- Nov 5, '12 by 78taylor99Hi there, I applied to Parkland's OR, NICU, and the Burn ICU. I have yet to hear anything from them. Since I would be relocating if hired, I stuck with applying to units in which I have a true interest.
- Nov 5, '12 by rnameliaI plan on relocating to the Dallas area as well if I'm selected 78taylor99!
- Nov 9, '12 by 78taylor99I received an email from Parkland last night indicating that my application for the NICU was forwarded to the hiring manager. Has anyone else heard any news?
- Nov 9, '12 by rnameliaI received an email on Tuesday night essentially saying that my application for the MICU was still under review by a recruiter and if I met the minimum qualifications I would be contacted to move forward... I definitely meet the minimum qualifications or else I wouldn't have applied! Did you recieve an email similar to this before you recieved the hiring manager email 78taylor99?
- Nov 9, '12 by 78taylor99No, I did not receive that type of email, this was the first I have heard from them. It stated that I met the minimum requirements and my app would be forwarded to the hiring manager. I would think that most people who applied though would meet the minimum requirements since it wouldn't really make sense to apply if you didn't. It seems like the hiring managers would be bombarded with applications if they did in fact forward all apps only meeting the minimum requirements.
- Nov 9, '12 by hoping0830Is this thread about the Parkland nurse residency for Critical Care and OR starting February 11th? If it is when did any of you apply for the position? Recently or a while back?
- Nov 9, '12 by rnameliaHi hoping0830! This is a thread for all the nurse residency programs starting in February. I applied for the ER and MICU two weeks ago. What did you apply for? Have you heard anything from them yet?
- Nov 9, '12 by hoping0830Hi rnamelia
No, I haven't heard anything yet. I just applied on the 5th so I guess I got my application in on the last day they were accepting them. Well, I did get an email that they got my application, but no real correspondence.
I applied to to the Critical Care and OR resident position.
Anyone else apply to that?