NCTC LVN 2011 Fall ProgramRegister Today!
- by Txbarbara May 11, '11Hello everyone! I was just wondering if anyone has else has been excepted to the LVN Fall program at NCTC in Gainseville?
- May 20, '11 by SteelMagnolia82yes! I received my acceptance letter really excited. Taking the A&P class this summer so I will have fridays off! Did you get accepted aswell?
- May 20, '11 by TxbarbaraYea, I rcvd my letter May 5th. I am so excited. I'm taking the a&p online cause they didn't have the "in seat class" yet. The last I looked, only 3 people had signed for the in seat class and now when i look it doesn't show anything, so i'm thinking they dropped it. Not sure... Anyway, if your taking class in Gainesville, I will see you then...Good Luck to Us All!!!!
- May 21, '11 by SteelMagnolia82Awesome Ya after I had already signed up for the A&P class in corinth they reopened the class in Gainesville, no big deal I am right in the middle of them both. My friend and I will be carpooling together to Gainesville in the fall Can't wait really excited! I was told the A&P class is strictly lecture so it is going to be a long class lol
- May 21, '11 by Txbarbarayou said your in the middle of gainesville and corinth, where? I'm in sanger. I'm in the middle also, i just like driving to gainesville cause traffic is better that way and you can also go 70 so it seems a little faster also..
- May 21, '11 by SteelMagnolia82Yes we are also here in Sanger was reading on here that corinth campus lowest score was like a 91...guess that campus is a little tougher to get in to.
- May 22, '11 by TxbarbaraHave you seen what the lowest score was for gainesville? I saw the avg. was 86...my score was 92 overall with a 96 in math, but I know someone that there avg. was 92 and they scored an 88 in math...so i really don't know what they went by. Oh well, we're in (thank god)...
- May 22, '11 by SteelMagnolia82I'm not sure what score they went by, my math was 96 also but average was 90.49. Thank GOD we got in!! Have you finished your packet yet?
- May 22, '11 by TxbarbaraNot yet. I still have to get my physical done and finish my hep b shot. Can't get the third one till Aug. Have not gotten my records (GED) sent to me yet, should come in next week. Glenda and I went and got our CPR done last Fri. Oh, Glenda is another lady that will be taking the class with us this fall. She live in gainesville. I really wish we could get our books now, I would love to be able to go over them all... I heard the 1st 2 weeks is the toughest, cause they are weeding out the weak ones..I think i'm most nervous about is the clinicals..cause i'm a little insecure..probably my age and starting something new..but nervous all the same.
- May 22, '11 by SteelMagnolia82kim and i did our cpr back in feb. and only need a hep b and i can get it in june. i am also very nervous i haven't been in school for 8 years so i am also insecure and scared. i think we will all be fine, as long as we are serious and stick with it we won't have too many problems. i took dental assisting school and was scared to death and graduated with a 4.0 so i am pretty sure all our fears will be overcome. don't let your age scare you, the average nursing student is normally 35, not sure where you are on that scale but i am under and kim is over. i am most nervous about missing more than 2 days a semester, i have three babies and they have always been my top priority. they seemed so harsh at the orientation and it scared me! i am not scared of the clinicals i'm scared of the times we have to be there, because i have three babies and my youngest will only be a year old when i start school. it will be a test to be away from them this much...but well worth it to have such a rewarding profession!