Moving to Houston soon, any pointers on jobs?Register Today!
- by dmpearce May 15, '11Moving to tx soon, anyone have recommendations on where the jobs are? I'm a a rn/bsn with 6 months in ltc and sub acute rehab. Thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=565789©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 643 Views
- May 15, '11 by TheCommuterWhere in Texas are you planning to relocate?
- May 16, '11 by dmpearceHouston
- May 16, '11 by TheCommuterWell, I changed the title of this discussion to 'Moving to Houston soon, any pointers on jobs?' with the hope that you accrue more responses. Good luck to you.
- May 16, '11 by HouTxI really don't think you should have any problems landing a job if you are seeking one in an LTAC - there seems to always be a market for experienced nurses. Switching to acute care might be more problematic.
I would strongly advise you to make sure that you try to coordinate your efforts so that you wait to decide on a housing location until you have a job lined up -- otherwise, you could be locked into a soul-deadening commute. It's hard to offer any other advice since you did not indicate any other particulars.. where you are moving from, family situation, etc.
Welcome to Houston! Hope you like it here.