I need advice on Concorde college for lvn??Register Today!
- by beryln Jan 7Hi I'm fixing to go to Concorde this feb 2013 to start LVN Nursing. I'm doing everything I can to get ahead: studying anatomy, mosbys nursing videos, reading nursing books etc. and I just want to know will I be getting the quality training I need to be able to do well in hospitals and retirement homes etc. or is it just a a expensive CNA school? I keep hearing there clinicals mostly consist of CNA work instead of actaul LVN work and training. How much hospital time on these clinicals will I get? Is this school worth it? The gi bill is paying for most of it.
- Jan 8 by pbrookslvn2013hi I am fixing to finish a19 month LVN school at Concorde! I have enjoyed it! I did the night course with clinicals every other weekend, it was tough! Good luck! Just know u wont work in a hospital as an lvn! they only hire RN's! Just rehab Hosp hire LVN! good luck
- Jan 8 by TheCommuterIf you're attending Concorde, I assume you're in the D/FW area.
You will do clinicals mostly at nursing homes, rehab hospitals, LTAC (long term acute care) hospitals, and the occasional general hospital. However, you are very unlikely to land a job in a D/FW hospital as an LVN in this day and age since the trend is to hire RNs with BSN degrees, so I would not worry if you receive no hospital placements for your clinical rotations.
Good luck to you!
- Jan 9 by berylnWhen you say tough define that please what kinds of hardships do they put you through
- Jan 9 by berylnWell I do know that the veterans hospital hires lvns straight out of school I found out not too long ago. Plus I plan to go to Weatherford college or LVN to rn ridge program after Concorde. I plan to get my foot in the door where I can get hired to get experience
- Jan 9 by TheCommuterQuote from berylnThe VA hospital is a federal entity and a slow-moving bureaucracy. The hiring process could take six months, one year, or longer from start to finish. In addition, getting hired at the VA is not guaranteed.Well I do know that the veterans hospital hires lvns straight out of school I found out not too long ago.
- Apr 2 by lth1123Quote from berylnFrom a school like Concorde your classes WILL NOT transfer. Meaning if you want to bridge you will have to repay and retake the classes in order to get credit. Also for the price you going to pay for LVN at that school you can start from scratch and get your RN cheaper. Good luck!Well I do know that the veterans hospital hires lvns straight out of school I found out not too long ago. Plus I plan to go to Weatherford college or LVN to rn ridge program after Concorde. I plan to get my foot in the door where I can get hired to get experience