Hospitals near Ft. HoodRegister Today!
- by Casey, RN May 2, '10I was wondering if anyone could give me some information about hospitals within driving distance from Ft. Hood? I'm not sure which side of town we will live on, yet so I guess any information about hospitals within 1 hour would be great.
Are there any hospitals to completely avoid? And what does hiring look like now for new grads? I know some areas of the country it's hard to find work and others is not. Also, can anyone tell me what a new RN starts out making in the area hospitals?
Thanks in advance!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=477042©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,293 Views
- May 3, '10 by outrunningzombiesThe biggest hospital in the area is Scott and White in Temple (30 min-ish drive). Kings Daughters is a smaller hospital in Temple. Killeen has one, Metroplex, and it's some sort of religious one (Adventist maybe? not Catholic). Darnall is the on base hospital and is pretty big and I think they were renovating the ER last time I was there. They used to use civilians, since I had a civilian nurse when I was there, but it's been a few years.
Sorry that I don't have any nursing experience--just patient experience!
- May 3, '10 by Casey, RNThanks, I appreciate the info!
- May 4, '10 by nelpn2rnmost of the hospitals in the area are owned at least in part by scott and white. S and W is the teaching hospital and trauma 1 hospital in the area. Metroplex I hear needs nurses. Both hopsitals have internship programs although it maybe to late to apply for this coming summer. (I'm not sure if you were interested in that)
- Sep 26, '12 by JesbustosDO yall know of any BSN or second degree BSN nursing schools and programs in the area? Husband is PCSing to Fort Hood...