Dallas TX area Surgical RN 2 years experience...?Register Today!
- by CaliLvr000 Feb 16Hello, my wife and i are planning on moving to Allen Texas area in June. We currently live in Roseville Ca. She works for Suttter Roseville here. She is getting 60.00 an hour plus night diff. Cost of living is cheap here as well. Is she going to be anywhere near this hourly mark around Allen/Dallas TX? Is there any nurses in TX that even make 70K?? She made 92k last year in 8 months to give you guys an idea what we would be losing if we move to Texas.
- Feb 16 by kguill975I made 89K for the year as an OR nurse, but that included night diff, call, and OT. I don't think any nurses are making $60/hr out here. Also, "cost of living" is relative. You can buy a 3,000 sq. foot home in the suburbs of Dallas for 200K, which I think is decent.
- Feb 16 by ccweisbardI worked North of Dallas last year as a cardiac ICU Stepdown nurse and made $78 with a fair amount of OT.... But I also negotiated my pay going in several years ago. She could easily make more than that on Traveling or Agency then find where she really wants to be and negotiate . That's how I did it!
- Feb 17 by CaliLvr000Hey sorry everyone. I meant "or" if that makes a difference. But allen texas is were we are defiantly going, maybe plano tx. She has 2.5 years exp.
- Feb 18 by not.done.yetShe can expect to make in the upper $20s per hour in the DFW area.
- Feb 21 by TheCommuterQuote from not.done.yetYour spouse will not earn anywhere near $60 per hour. There are nurses in the Plano and Allen areas with 40+ years of experience who are not earning much more than the $40-something per hour. There are no unionized hospitals in the Dallas area, if that makes a difference.She can expect to make in the upper $20s per hour in the DFW area.
Many nurses with 2.5 years of experience earn more than $92,000 yearly here. However, they work two jobs (one full-time job and one PRN job) all year with no months taken off. In addition, property tax rates in Texas are costly when compared to what people pay in California.
I earned $80k in 2012 and $87k in 2011, but I worked two jobs during those years.