AE MSN University of Texas 2013 - Page 9Register Today!
- Jan 24 by rmansarayHi Sarah.Gonzaga
I have not heard anything yet , no emails and no status update online, I have been checking every hr, lol,
I think now that some people have heard something, I am extremely anxious in just waiting. The end of the month can not get here fast enough! Hopefully we will get some great news of acceptance by then and not have to wait until Feb.
- Jan 24 by Logan123Hey Sarah, I’ve read the 2011 and 2012 AEMSN threads and they agree with what (MODERATOR EDIT OF NAME - PLEASE DO NOT POST NAMES OF THOSE IN YOUR PROGRAM PER TOS) told me in the second interview. Basically they take the top 16 people, who they feel are qualified for the AEMSN program, but didn’t make it into their selected programs, give 11 spots and waitlist 5. At the end of November, if no one has dropped out of the program you originally applied for, then you have the option to select from 5 or so of the other MSN options. It’s kind of a sweet deal if you ask me… you get to go through your clinicals before making a choice, gives you a little extra time and experience to decide what you want to focus on.
The waiting has me a little on edge, I have an interview at another school on Feb 5th, hoping I can officially hear from UT if I’m in or not before then to avoid an unnecessary road trip…Last edit by sirI on Jan 28
- This would all be very intriguing if it wasn't so dang nerve-wracking!!! ;P I'm wondering if I was automatically wait-listed because I was so certain of my maternity concentration (I've been working as an MA in Ob/Gyn for nearly 10 years) and really have no interest in any of the other areas; or just simply ranking -- which is entirely possible since my original undergrad GPA was *lacking* even though my prerequisite GPA is 4.0 and my GRE scores were decent. Who knows!!!
I just can't figure out what they're doing if there are still several people who have heard NOTHING while others have been notified as accepted/denied/interviewed for undeclared/wait-listed. Perhaps those who haven't heard are candidates that are strong enough not to be altogether denied and so they're waiting to see where all the cards fall as they begin to get commitments and/or people giving up their spots???
LoganNP, have you been accepted as an undeclared, or just interviewed and still waiting?
- Sorry, LoganNP, just reread your last paragraph and see that you are still waiting. :/ Hang in there, y'all! Hope you hear some good news soon!
- Jan 24 by Logan123Thanks Sarah, yeah I've had the second interview and got an email asking me if I was interested in being considered for the undeclared pool yesterday. Just waiting now.
- Jan 25 by Logan123Got my letter this morning, accepted!
And just an fyi for those who are curious, it looks like the Adult-Gerontology CNS and the Psych NP are the two most competitive programs, so those are the ones they are choosing from for the undeclared pool, guess everyone wants to be fast tracked to advanced practice
Good luck to everyone still waiting, can't wait to meet y'all in May