Vanderbilt Nurse Residency Program - Winter 2013 - page 8
by LaurenJonesRN | 73,251 Views | 243 Comments
I just mailed off my packet to Vanderbilt today! I'm so nervous and really hoping to get an interview for this program. Adult Critical Care is my first choice. I graduated in May 2012 with my BSN from Washington State... Read More
- 0Oct 4, '12 by Twins32LaurenJonesRN,
I decided to go with the skype interview. I am still in school right now. I have my senior clinical capstone project right now that i am donig and clinical three times a week so it would work best if i did the skype interview. I am going to be a new grad! I don't know how they feel about hiring new grads into the critical care track but I am ready to dive in and learn as much as I can. For all that have been there, How is Nashville? If I get a job offer I will definitely be going down there around thanksgiving or right before christmas. I go to school in wisconsin and tennessee and wisconsin are both compact states so i could take NCLEX in either state! My interview is on October 19th! I know it's skype but I am hoping to make it as professional as possible! Does everyone here have experience as an RN? Good luck to all interviewing!
- 0Oct 4, '12 by LaurenJonesRNTwins32,
I don't blame you for taking the skype option. I can totally understand why you would choose it with your busy schedule. I graduated in May 2012 and I just started a home health job in September. This program is geared for new grads and grads with some experience. I don't think it will be held against you if you don't have experience outside of school clinicals. I think as long as you present yourself in a professional manner, you should be totally fine with a skype interview. They really seem to understand that people are still in school or don't have the money to make the journey to Nashville. That's great that you are in a compact state! When is your interview?
- 0Oct 4, '12 by LaurenJonesRNcstark and jlh386,
I'm glad to hear that the panel was nice. Did you feel like any of their questions caught you off guard? I'm counting down the days until my interview and getting more nervous with each day that passes lol. I bet both of you feel a little relieved that the interview part is over; however, the waiting game begins again
Good luck to both of you!!!!
How did you like Nashville?
- 0Oct 5, '12 by Twins32LaurenJonesRN,
My interview is on October 19th! Luckily I was able to get a summer internship in a hospital in Minnesota and I have been working in a hospital as an aide for a while so I hopefully will be able to draw on some extra experiences. Good luck to you in your interview! We could be fellow co-workers in the CCU track if all goes well for us!
- 0Oct 5, '12 by cstarkNone of the questions were too "out there" or really caught me off guard. Just think about what makes you an unique candidate and sets you apart from other people. The first part was more general questions with them getting to know you and the second part were situational, where you should bring in clinical experience. It's definitely nice to be done with interviewing, but it's pretty weird to think about waiting another month to find out!
Nashville was awesome - everyone was really nice. I really liked the campus and medical center as well, and the downtown area was great as well. I'm from Los Angeles and am use to seeing cars and people everywhere though and Nashville definitely does not seem as crowded, which is probably good (don't exactly love the traffic here!)
Good luck to everyone!
- 0Oct 7, '12 by Jw_rnI felt like the interview went well. Everyone is very nice and informative. First time I've interviewed in front of 4 people at the same time. I guess the one thing that was nerve wrecking was watching them write as you spoke and you wanted to get up and see what they were writing down...haha. I enjoyed the experience and wish you all luck when you come to town.