Vanderbilt Nurse Residency Program - Winter 2013 - Page 6Register Today!
- Sep 30, '12 by Nursey86I am flying down on Oct. 18th to the 20th and I am staying in the Holiday Inn Nashville Vanderbilt. Anyone else there the same time? Or know anything about the hotel, it has good reviews but that is all I know of it.
- Hey LaurenJones! I'm applying for the Adult critical care. I've lived in Nashville since 2001. Only left for a couple of years to go to nursing school. If anyone has questions about Nashville feel free to ask.
- I've had friends stay at that hotel. They had no complaints just said its a typical holiday inn. Seen one one you have seen them all.
- Sep 30, '12 by Nursey86Ya, that's sort of what I figured. I just need a place to sleep before the interview, it seems close to the medical center and that is what sold me. Thanks for the info though
Does anyone have any idea how many applied? How many are interviewing? How many may get picked? I know it is all sort of speculation at this point, but a ballpark number would be helpful.
- I don't know about current but I can tell you what they told me this summer. The last group of new hires they had around 1000 people apply and they chose around 150. Of course you can't apply that to this group because you don't know how many are applying and you don't know how many positions are open. I know it's not what you wanted but that's the best I got as far as numbers go.
- Sep 30, '12 by LaurenJonesRNHi!
Where did you go to nursing school? I have never been to Nashville, so I decided to spend a couple of extra days to check out the city and to take a look at some apartments. I'm trying not to jump to conclusions, but I also I want to be prepared if I do get an offer (fingers crossed). I know you said that you applied to the critical care track, but is there a specific unit you want to be on?
- Sep 30, '12 by LMG RNLauraJonesRN
Me and my roommate are coming from San Francisco and we would love to meet up! I havnt booked a hotel yet but we have one friend who got into last years winter nurse residency program so we will be staying with her on saturday since she doesnt have to work. Where are you staying?
- Sep 30, '12 by LaurenJonesRNLMG RN
I would love to meet up with you and your roomie!I haven't booked a hotel yet. I'll private message you my number so we can figure something out
- Oct 1, '12 by Nursey86@LMG RN: I am comming from the Bay Area as well (San Jose area- in Campbell specifically). Where did you guys go to school? What track are you applying?
- Oct 1, '12 by Jw_rnI went to nursing school at MSU in Morehead, KY. No, I don't have anything specific as far as critical care. Maybe neuro. But not real picky when it comes to this current job market.