UTC Fall 2011?Register Today!
- by Weshallsee Mar 19, '11Has anyone applied to University of Tennessee Chattanooga? I applied for admission for Fall 2011 and spoke with the admission counselor a lot before turning in my application. She said that I have a "very competitive chance", but still feel like I have no idea what type of applicants they accept. She did tell me they do look at your essay on the application, experience, your recommendation letters, as well as your GPA and TEAS scores - but I wonder what weighs more on being excepted. I have a low(er) GPA than I would like 3.2 and an 80% on the TEAS (I did horrible on the Chemistry portion, because I had never had Chemistry before). I think I have very good recommendation letters - my Anatomy & Physiology professor wrote one, as well as the physician I work for. Then I also have 2 years experience working as a Medical Assistant in the back office at a family practice.
I just want to know - or at least know how I compare to other students who have applied either now or before.
- Apr 3, '11 by hawkeI applied for the Fall 2011 program at UTC also. The last time I emailed the advisor, she told me we would hear something by the end of April at the latest (I haven't heard anything from them yet and am wondering if anyone has).
I have a 3.72 and got an 86.7% on the TEAS and was told basically the same (very competitive chance, etc.).
Hopefully we will hear something soon . . .
- May 25, '11 by Bayley0829Hello! I was wondering if either of you have heard anything about your applications? I am applying in the Fall this year, and I have a 3.486 GPA. I am taking A&P one and two as well as the TEAS exam this summer, and I'm soooooo nervous about the application process....
- May 25, '11 by hawkeQuote from Bayley0829Hello. I heard back from the program on April 15th and will be starting in the fall.Hello! I was wondering if either of you have heard anything about your applications? I am applying in the Fall this year, and I have a 3.486 GPA. I am taking A&P one and two as well as the TEAS exam this summer, and I'm soooooo nervous about the application process....
- May 25, '11 by Bayley0829Congrats! That's so exciting. Mind if I ask what they asked you at your interview?
- May 25, '11 by hawkeThanks! There was no interview.