Union University SONRegister Today!
- by starla2112 Jul 13, '11Hi everyone! I wanted to see if anyone here was either currently in or applying to
any locations for Union University SON. I will be happy for any information that
can be given. Thanks everyone :heartbeat
- Jul 21, '11 by umartinI'm not sure what the SON is but I applied and have a conditional acceptance to the BSNA program that begins next month.
- Aug 16, '11 by PhiThKaptoo bad for you umartin. while most of UU's nursing faculty are genuinely nice Christian people, the leadership of the SON are deceptive & vindictive, they'd rather tolerate someone who cheats openly on coursework & exams. The curriculum revision they've just enacted seems designed only to generate more income than to actually improve the program! They really do not understand what it takes to effectively run an accelerated program - all they do is carve up the 16 week traditional BSN coursework into 6 or 7 day-long lectures and deliver it in massive all day long lectures - now its a 16 month pressure cooker instead of 12 - and 79 credits instead of 60 (at nearly $500/credit). Some instructors are openly hostile to minorities (count the number of minority faces you see, ethnic or male ..... ) and if you're not Baptist or another acceptable fundamentalist church, well, plan on a rough time ... oh yeah - check your financials carefully & repeatedly to keep from getting overcharged - very critical considering the financial aid awards are so pitifully small. Thoroughly document everything that happens - everyday - because the faculty can retroactively create negative incident reports and put them in the dept file on you that you don't know exists, until they use it to screw you.
- Aug 18, '11 by umartinWow, really!??!?!? That's VERY discouraging.... The class has 41 students and 14 are black, 11 are male... I think that's indicative of most higher learning institutions. I have a friend who completed 2 years ago who is a black woman and she loved it.... What makes you say/think these things?? Was is a personal experience??? Please reply!
I am very hopeful that my stay will be a success that I embrace!!!
- Aug 18, '11 by rachie_rooDon't be discouraged. Union is awesome...I know because I went there lol. I had to transfer for financial reasons but if I could afford it I would've stayed.
- Aug 19, '11 by umartinThanks so much rachie roo!!!! I appreciate the positive affirmations!
- Oct 10, '11 by epitomeofRNHi Umartin,
Just wondering if you decided to attend union and if so how is it. I applied for the fall 2012 school year. How was the interview,teas.etc...
- Jan 12, '12 by umartinHi Epitome,
I did decide to attend Union. I am there now in my second quarter and the most honest thing I can tell you is that "IT'S TOUGH!!, but I am holding on!!! I have finished Dimensional Analysis, Pathophysiology, Issues in Nursing and Scientific Writing, those classes were 8 weeks long. I am now enrolled in Nursing Skills, Pharm 1, and Health Assessments, these classes last 5 weeks. It is really fast!!! We have lost 3 students already!!! And we will be in the hospitals in 3 weeks taking care of patients.... NERVOUS AS HELL-O!!! However, if I can do it ANYONE can do it. I do not have a science background, I do not like science or math, lol. But, I'm still here. You just have to resolve that you will be "married" to nursing for 1 year. I spend EVERY waking moment of my day dealing with nursing.
Feel free to ask me any further questions that you may have.
- Jan 12, '12 by epitomeofRNThankyou for being honest. I am wondering about the TEAS at this point. How did you do on it? I pray that I get in and I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks
- Jan 16, '12 by umartinThe TEAS was no different than any other standardized test that I've taken (SAT, GRE)... You either know it or you don't... I bought a TEAS prep book from Barnes and Noble, worked it dry and took the exam... I scored well on the vocabulary and literature based stuff and not so well on the science stuff and they still accepted me... :-)