Those who got into LMU, what was your GPA?
- 0Jan 24 by suicidieIn early December, I applied to Lincoln Memorial University's accelerated nursing program in Knoxville for Fall 2014. Those who got in or did not get in, what was your GPA? Is it a competitive program? Also, how soon did you receive notice and an acceptance or rejection?
- 0Feb 6 by lpc008Hey Joker269MPCO, I just got accepted to LMU for this fall. How is their program? What can we expect? I have read a few posts on here that has made me a little nervous, but overall I'm very excited to get started. I would just like to see someones point of view of the program that recently went through it.
- 0Feb 7 by Joker269MPCOI enjoyed the program. It is fast paced, but overall I thought it was good. They had some staff changes after our class graduated, so im not sure about how it is now. While I was there the staff was there to help you get through, not to see who they could weed out like some other programs. I thinke we lost a total of 5 through the entire program and only 2 of those were academic and the rest were personal issues. Unless things have changed drastically you should have a good experience there. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask me or PM me.
- 0Feb 10 by lpc008Thank you! Thats very good to know that they are there to help you and not weed you out! That makes me feel a little better. Where did you do your clinicals at? and Were you able to get a job right after graduation? I am not from the Knoxville area so I am currently trying to find where to find apartments at! It is not an easy task.
- 0Feb 10 by Joker269MPCOlpc008, I did clinical at UT and Parkwest Hospital. They also have clinicals at Blount Memorial. I did get a job in an ICU right after graduation. I was hired before graduation and started about 2 weeks after graduation. Start applying at the beginning of your last semester and you should have no problem. I think pretty much everyone in our class had a job within a few months of graduation. There is a large apartment complex just down the road from LMU on Cedar Bluff Road. I think its called Sunchase. I cant vouch for how nice they are though.