Roane State Fall 2012 - page 7
by NIKI2286 12,237 Views | 103 Comments
I just wanted to start a new tread for those of us that have applied to Roane State and are awaiting letters in May. Everyone please feel free to share your thoughts and questions. Good Luck ALL :D... Read More
- 0Apr 30, '12 by ChristianBransonSuch an exciting time for all of us who have applied. Did any of you apply to other schools as well? I've applied to RSCC, LMU, WSCC, and PSCC, just to play things safe. I'd read on previous posts last year that some students had only applied to one college and were extremely devastated when they didn't get in. Others posted that they had applied to several schools and only one school accepted them. I'm starting to get really anxious, as I'm sure all of you are. My biggest concern at this point is my GPA. With a 3.5 GPA, I'm hoping that by having lot of extra credit hours accumulated, that they will make up for the B's that I got in some of my classes. I have heard that they award extra points for credit hours earned over the requirements. Not sure how all of that works. Have any of you heard this as well? I wish each of you the best.
- 0Apr 30, '12 by kate2353Quote from ChristianBransonOne of the girls who was going to apply spoke with ****** *******. She told her that if you have quite a few accumulated credit hours that it may help the committee in making their decision. She didn't say anything about extra points, but she doesn't really have a clue about their points system. She said that the committee likes to keep everyone in the dark. I'm really counting on the extra help from my lengthy list of extra classes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!. I have heard that they award extra points for credit hours earned over the requirements. Not sure how all of that works. Have any of you heard this as well? I wish each of you the best.Last edit by tnbutterfly on Apr 30, '12 : Reason: Please do not post names
- 0Apr 30, '12 by ChristianBransonKate,
Thank you for replying back so quickly. Hmm...that works for me. I've a total of 61 hours right now, not including this semester, so hopefully that will help. Previously, I mentioned getting extra points for extra credit hours, yet I forgot that this information was told to me today by a staff member at WSCC, not RSCC. I apologize about the mix-up. Like you, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for all as well.
- 0May 3, '12 by future-nurse2014Brandi,
I applied for the traditional program. We should be notified in May. However, the email I received when I submitted my application had info about notification dates:
"LPN's applying for the LPN Career Mobility Program for Spring will be notified in December."
If you still have the email you received when you submitted your application, it might have some info, too. Good luck!
- 0May 4, '12 by kate2353Quote from Brandip714@ Brandip714- When we had the advising session, the nursing admissions coordinator said that those applying to the LPN mobility program would be informed by June. Those students would go to class two nights and on Saturday, I think. But with the delay they are already having, who knows when they will be done? If you're planning to enter the traditional program in the spring, you will know by December, but that's only if any of the students from the first semester decide to drop out. Then, you would be taking their place in what would be their second semester.hello ladies! Good luck to you all!! i am just wondering if any of you have applied to the lpn-rn bridge or did you all apply to the traditional program? i didn't know if i can expect my acceptance/denial email at the same time or not.
I'm beginning to think these emails will never come!