Roane State Fall 2012 - page 10
I just wanted to start a new tread for those of us that have applied to Roane State and are awaiting letters in May. Everyone please feel free to share your thoughts and questions. Good Luck ALL :D... Read More
- 0May 8, '12 by ChristianBransonI got my letter...I did not get accepted. Alas, I can only assume that having had a 3.39 GPA and B's in my A&P classes cost me my chance. Fortunately, I still have WSCC left to hear from. Fortunately, my current 3.5 GPA will be considered, as will the A I got in Microbiology this past semester. Crossing fingers! As for those accepted, again, congratulations. I know all-too-well how hard you've worked for this. Good luck!
- 0May 9, '12 by bayhorse126I still can't get any answers to my question all of Roane State's nursing staff is letting their call go to a machine. If I try to ask anyone else they just direct my call to the nursing staff where the machine gets it. I am sooo frusterated. This is just as bad as not knowing if you made it in. Does anyone know of anyone I can call and get an answer? Any advice would be great. Thanks
- 0May 9, '12 by freethinker~formerly future nurse~
Maybe you should send an email. I have always gotten timely responses when communicating via email with the nursing dept. The nursing admissions coordinator's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. I hope you see this before it gets pulled! Good luck on getting an answer soon.Last edit by freethinker on May 9, '12
- 0May 9, '12 by freethinkerI want to send out condolences to those of you who did not get accepted. Based on the grades that some of you posted, the competition must have been incredible! I hope you don't let this decision discourage you. There is more than one path to success! Peace and encouragement to all of you!
- 0May 9, '12 by bayhorse126Thank you very much! I already sent an email but I appreciate the help that lady ( the one who's email you gave me) said she couldn't help me. I finally got ahold of her on the phone because she is who everyone directed me to but she said she couldn't help me. Thanks anyway though
- 0May 9, '12 by jonesad6Congrats to everyone that made it.......Got my email a couple days ago and got in so the stress level is a lot less now. I only had a 3.25 GPA at the time of the application but made A's in A&P I ,II and Probability and Stats so I think they look at the sciences most of all. The information session is June 12th, hope to see everyone there.
- 0May 9, '12 by ChristianBransonQuote from elvislover74WOW...a 3.75 and you didn't get in? Looks like I'll be re-taking some classes this summer and Fall to bring my 3.5 up to a 4.0. I noticed Jonead6 commented having gotten in with a 3.25, so I'm curious what exactly is the basis for selection, as are several of us I'm sure. I know that one's GPA is strongly considered, along with higher grades in sciences and math, yet what else is considered? I will have to talk with my advisor and see what I can do to improve my chances. I did get a B in A&P I&II, yet I missed an A in both by mere points. As for Stats and Micro, I got A's in both. Thanks again for the well wishes with regard to WSCC. I'll know if I get in sometime around June 15th.I have a 3.75 GPA and had high grades in the sciences as well. Also, I have completed every one of the pre requisites. I don't understand the deal here. Good luck at WSCC!