Loewenberg School of Nursing Spring 2012Register Today!
- by abdutchie Oct 14, '11I recently applied for the Spring 2012 term @ U of M. The deadline to apply was October 30. Has anyone received an acceptance letter yet? Or any news at all? It is driving me insane waiting on the mailman everyday.
- Oct 14, '11 by abdutchieDeadline was October 1st* Oops!
- Oct 15, '11 by rachellouI applied too!!! I totally thought we'd get letters yesterday but hopefully soon! Good luck!
- I got my letter in the mail yesterday. I was wait listed. I hope you have a better outcome.
- Omg I was wait listed too. Spent most of the day crying and trying to decide if I wanted to wait and hope I'd "maybe" get in. I'm changing to a Health Services Administration major.
- I'm so sorry to hear that. I was too shocked to cry yesterday, so today after my mom and fiance told me it was okay to cry, I just let it all out. It's pretty heart breaking. I am going to call and find out where I am on the wait list and try and figure out what to do next. I am done with all my pre-reqs...
My fiance started medical school this semester at UT after being wait listed three times. I can't imagine waiting that long to start school. I'm going to try to get my application into Baptist next week, just to see what happens.
Its upsetting because my advisor stressed to me that a 3.0 was almost 100% guaranteed acceptance, but I guess she was wrong!
Are you going to stay at Memphis? If you don't mind me asking, are you a transfer student? I transfered to U of M this semester from southwest.
- Yeah I'm going to stay at Memphis but this is my second time being rejecting from a nursing program and I've just lost my heart for it. I'm tired of taking gen ed and I'm ready to take some classes in things I'm interested in. I transferred as well from Union University. I also had a 3.0 and was told I would have no problem getting in. I was extremely surprised.
- Wow, that is disheartening to hear. I know its hard to get in, but it shouldn't be this hard...
Well, I am sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping to hear, too. I am glad I had someone to briefly talk about all this with. Good luck on your new path!!
- Yeah glad to see I'm not the only one. Good luck with Baptist! Maybe Loewenberg will call soon anyway!
- Oct 23, '11 by mmartin94I dont understand why you guys are getting waitlisted if your gpa's are ok?