Cumberland University Nursing School Info
- 0Jan 22, '13 by bdb1550Hello! I recently applied for Cumberland Univeristy's nursing program at the Lebanon campus for the summer semester. Does anyone know how long it takes to get acceptance letters from them? The deadline to have all your forms in was Jan 18th. Also, has anyone been through their program? If so, how did you like it?
- 0Jan 27, '13 by combsj25Hey Readyforachagenow! Are you serious and/or sure about everyone being accepted if min requirements are met? Do you know if this is true of the accelerated BSN program as well? Seems there are all very competitive and just thought maybe this would be a good back up plan for me if so....
Thanks in advance!
- 0Jan 28, '13 by bdb1550I had an admissions advisor tell me as long as I passed their Kaplan nursing test and had a 3.0 GPA I would get in, but I wasn't sure about it. I know a lot of people probably apply there because of that but it is a private school so it is much more expensive. You also can't have more than 9 hours of general requiremnts class left to take before you apply for the nursing program. I'm hoping I hear from them soon.
- 0Jan 28, '13 by readyforachangenowYes I am serious. They cannot afford to turn anyone away. Almost everyone that I personally know that went there picked that school because they couldn't get in anywhere else. There is not a cap on how many people that accept they will take as many as apply. Depending on what semester you start depends on how many credit hours you can have left to take. With all that said they have an amazing program. Just depends on if you can afford the $50,000 it takes just for nursing school.
- 0Jan 29, '13 by bdb1550Well they actually graduate 2 classes at once so that's probably why there were so many. They have a summer start and a fall start but both classes graduate at the same time. The class that starts in the fall will have to do a summer session the next year. They are using the Kaplan nursing test now which is similar to the Hesi but the Kaplan also has a certain percent of critical thinking you have to answer right. It is expensive but you also get money to transfer there from the college as long as you transfer with a 3.0 GPA. I am applying to MTSU again as well but with 200 people applying and them only letting 64 in at MTSU I can't wait around my entire life to get in there. I'm applying at 3 different places this time and not putting all my eggs in 1 basket.