Anyone go to South College in Knoxville for nursing?
- 0Jul 16, '08 by amy1577Did anyone attend South College in Knoxville for their nursing program? Can you give me an idea of what to expect?
Thanks a bunch!
- 1Jul 18, '08 by ~FutureNurse~I do know people who have completed the South College program, and are now nurses.
However, I do think you should consider what everyone else has said. From what I have heard, South College's students do not have a reputation of being prepared for the enourmous job of being an RN. Your credits will never transfer. They are very, very expensive! And, while I was there I got the same impression as brendadoug- they were so pushy, it was like they didn't care what was best for me, but that they were gonna make bank off of me.
Some good things about South College are, the college is brand new, the program goes fast, because of the quarters, and when and if you finish you will be an RN. You just need to do what is best for you. South College may be a perfect fit for you.
Good luck in whatever you do!
- 0Jul 18, '08 by amy1577Thank you so much all of you for your help. I have decided to contact Pellissippi state for my prereqs. I have sent off some emails and hope to get a response soon. Once I get more information I will continue to research for nursing courses. I am seriously looking at Roane state.
Thank you again for your guidance! I need all the help I can get!
- 1Jul 18, '08 by ~FutureNurse~At Pellissippi you need to talk with Sharon Mcmahon. ( I think that is her name) Anyways, she is WONDERFUL, and will help you with any questions, plus she knows everything there is to know about the area nursing programs. I would def. take all my pre-reqs at PSTCC. It is CHEAP,and most of the teachers a wonderful!
Good luck, again in whatever you do.
- 0Jul 22, '08 by HeatherTNok...I too was looking at the nursing program at South College...I am a bit skeptical just b/c I did not even know they had a nursing program....but since "future nurse" knew some folks that finished their program I was just curious as to how they did on their NCLEX and whether or not they are currently working and if they felt it was a good choice for them.....I know lots of questions