2012 Nurse Residency Program at Vanderbilt - Page 3Register Today!
- Aug 25, '11 by jeyre1847I feel kind of stupid even asking this.
I read a lot about it, then I just filled out the application. I know when I was looking earlier I found the forms and a list of things needed to apply. Now I can't seem to find anything. I just did the application, but I know I need stuff for the letter of intent, track choice form, etc. I can't find them anywhere!
Anyone have any directions on how to find these please?
Also, where is everyone from? I'm kind of far away, and I hope that doesn't deter them choosing me if it's mostly local applicants or grads from that school. It seems like a really good program!
- Hello!! I am from Nashville and ACTUALLY they accept MANY more applicants out of state than they do in state. I have heard this from current employees as well as those in the residency. You can get the information you need by emailing the recruiter she will email you right back!! She is great about that!!
- Aug 26, '11 by starla2112Hi everyone! I am sorry to bother, but I am a student and was just wondering why you guys thought places were not hiring new grads. Are the jobs there, just not in idea places? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks everyone!
- I have contacted most of the hospitals in Nashville hired their "New Grads" during the summer. The hospitals ARE in need of nurses but are staying away from hiring new grads.
- Aug 26, '11 by starla2112Thanks for the information.
Are the schools not helping in placement anymore?
- The schools haven't ever really helped with placements. They help with resumes, cover letters, and interview skills but that is about it.
- Aug 27, '11 by jeyre1847Quote from nervouswreck11Well, now, that sucks for the rest of the new grads who didn't get hired during the summer. Bleh. Seems to be the story pretty much everywhere.I have contacted most of the hospitals in Nashville hired their "New Grads" during the summer. The hospitals ARE in need of nurses but are staying away from hiring new grads.
- Aug 29, '11 by Beth BSN, RNHi everyone!
I am excited and very nervous now. I mailed my application package finally. I kept working on my letter of intent and I think it finally sounds just right. I hope everyone is doing well and good luck. I'm hoping we all get interviews.
- Sep 1, '11 by smb84I finally got all my stuff together too. I will get to drop it off at Vanderbilt while I'm in Nashville this weekend
- Sep 13, '11 by KeevaI just sent my packet in today via FedEx. I decided to go for it at the last minute. I applied to the pediatric track and I know it's really competitive, but I figure that I have nothing to lose. Good luck to everyone!