TEAS V Test Study GuidesRegister Today!
- by Tenshi_No_Shikatsu Jun 27, '12I am going to be taking the TEAS V test in early August and I'm starting to study now so I can get as much studying in as possible. Everyone says to buy the ATI testing book, but it's too expensive for me right now, so I ended up getting the Mometrix "Secrrets of the TEAS V" study guide and the McGraw-Hill "Nursing School Entrance Exams" study guide from people selling them. I was just wondering if anyone who used these thought they helped a lot or if I should get the money to buy the ATI study guide. I just can't seem to find anyone selling the ATI version for cheap. I took the science test, which is the part I'm most worried about, in the mometrix book and got a 72% but I'm hoping reading more in one or both books and studying my old notes will help to bring it up some. Thank you for any help in advance.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=749621©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,925 Views
- Jun 27, '12 by sc52011I would definitely pay the extra money to get the book from ATI. You also have the option of purchasing two online practice exams. The practice exams in the book are much easier than the actual test, and the practice exams you purchase and take online are MUCH HARDER than the actual exam. I got a 72 on the online practice exam and ended up getting a 93 on the actual TEAS. If you study EVERYTHING in ATI's study guide, you'll do fine. I also purchased a study guide that wasn't made by ATI but ended up discarding it since there was a lot of material in it that wasn't even going to be on the TEAS. Good luck!!
- Jun 27, '12 by Tenshi_No_ShikatsuThanks so much. I ended up buying the ATI version. I'm sure it will help and I can probably sell it and the rest of my study guide books to some newcomers at my school when I'm done with them.
- Jun 28, '12 by tammy_zeidan09I used the ATI and McGraw hill. Both were helpful. The ATI was good in the sense that it basically told you whatd be on the exam. But I felt that the McGraw went further in depth for each section and gave a better break down. You should be fine I'd you read both books thoroughly. Sounds much, but I red all 400pgs in McGraw back to back and ATI over and over. I passed with flying colors Thank God.
- Jun 28, '12 by Bloomgirl118I ended up selling mine for about half the cost and it helped me raise my score by 10 pts so I definitely considered it money well spent. Good luck!
- Jun 28, '12 by Ashleym9831Good to know! I've been going crazy wondering which study guide will help me get the job done.
- Jun 29, '12 by Tenshi_No_ShikatsuYeah, I have three different books now so I'm going to feel pretty dumb if I don't pass it.