Need to take TEAS V but I'm not a citizen Need to take TEAS V but I'm not a citizen | allnurses

LEGAL NOTICE TO THE FOLLOWING ALLNURSES SUBSCRIBERS: Pixie.RN, JustBeachyNurse, monkeyhq, duskyjewel, and LadyFree28. An Order has been issued by the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota that affects you in the case EAST COAST TEST PREP LLC v. ALLNURSES.COM, INC. Click here for more information

Need to take TEAS V but I'm not a citizen

  1. 0 First of, hello to everyone.

    I'm new to this forum and been pointed here by a friend of mine, who is a nurse.

    Today, I applied for a ASN program in my community college.

    Like every program, they require their applicants to take the TEAS V test.
    Upon taking the exam, each student is to provide a GOVERMENT I.D, which could be a driver's license or a passport.

    Here is my problem...I am not a citizen.
    I have neither one of those.

    I'm really flustered right now because I don't know how to remedy this.

    Any idea on how I can deal with this? Thanks in advance
  2. 2 Comments

  3. Visit  dudette10 profile page
    #1 0
    Your friend should have pointed you to the administration of the school.

    Just check to see if what government ID would be accepted if you aren't a citizen. Green card? Student visa? Work visa? State ID? Passport of your home country?

    I'm sure you're not the only non-citizen that has ever taken a test requiring identification at that school.
  4. Visit  KatMaarof profile page
    #2 0
    Hi there!!

    I dont think you need to be a citizen to take your TEAS. If you have your green card already you should be able to use that as a form of identification. Or you can go to your local DMV and get a state ID. Which ID did you use to apply to your community college?

    P/S: Question, where are you from if i may ask. Your username made me chuckle cos of what it means in my language (Malay)

    Good luck!