Tuition Assistance while in CRNA schoolRegister Today!
- by jenrn2008 Mar 31, '10Hi,
I am starting CRNA school in a few months and I am wondering if there are any medical facilities or hospitals willing to provide tuition assistance will I am in school in exchange for a committment to work upon graduation. Does anyone have any information that they have come across? I am already in more than enough student debt and I really need a break! Thanks.
- 2,963 Views
- Apr 1, '10 by Class2011I suspect opportunities are highly specific to location. I just started cold calling hospitals and groups in my area to inquire. Through networks, you may find outstanding offers as well.
But unless some offer is significantly better than all the rest or you know for sure where you want to work or ... you might be better off holding out until you have a little experience and can better evaluate offers.
- Apr 1, '10 by Jdog19sAre you anywhere near or willing to move to the Northeast?
- Apr 1, '10 by jenrn2008Yes I am ! Infact, we are planning to move to the DC, MD, PA area when I graduate... do you have any leads?
- Apr 5, '10 by Jdog19sIve got nothing that far south- I have spoken to a group in massachusetts who said they would pay our entire tuition if we sign on with them for 2 years..so if you end up closer to this end ill try to track down their name-
- Apr 5, '10 by yvonnerendo you mind sharing which group is that? I'm too looking for a sponser and don't mind 2 yrs contract, hate to have unsecured feeling in school...
- Apr 7, '10 by yvonnerenthanks so much for your infor, I will check it out..
- May 12, '10 by canchaserThere are 2 hospitals in Springfield Ill, offering$30000. One hospital wants five years in return, the other wants 6. 2 years is not bad
- May 12, '10 by Class201130,000 for a 5 yr commitment sounds awful and not nearly worth signing on before you even know kind of job you are going to want.
I'm not against sign-on agreements, but make sure it is worth the freedom you are sacrificing