January 2012 Barry University CRNA program - page 2
by mathaka 35,494 Views | 85 Comments
Hello, is anybody interviewing or has interviewed for Barry University's CRNA program for Jan 2012 entry? I would like to talk to some people that have or will be.... Read More
- 0May 20, '11 by Jbrock718I am still waiting to hear from Barry- as one of my schools has taken their time sending my transcript. Any info of interview process, what to expect (i.e more personal, or technical) would be great! I interviewed with FHCHS last week and thought it went really well...here's hoping!
- 0May 29, '11 by fyraceTook me almost 4 months to get a call. Had everything in by October for early decision and got a call in February. Don't hound them, but keep up with communication. Even thought the take applications throughout the year, I think the "deadline" for next year is May, so you are just getting to the end of the regular admission season and wait to see what happens. They are nice, and will answer your questions if you ask.
- 0May 30, '11 by mathakaHello again fyrace,
A couple of questions for you , if you don't mind.
1. I have heard that Barry is a great program. What are your impressions of the program and the reputation it holds?
2. What are some benefits of attending the Orlando cohort?
Thank you in advance for your reply.
- 0May 30, '11 by fyraceYou can search the web a bit more regarding the Orlando cohort, but two of the best reasons are ORMC is a level 1 trauma center and the other is Arnold Palmer/Winnie Palmer hospitals are like the 2nd in the nation for deliveries and you will get more OB and trauma experience then you can shake a stick at. I hear the clinicals are rough and hard, but I hear you are WELL prepared by the time you are done. Before the end of the first year you will be running your own room, part of the schedule as an "employee." Wolverine Anesthesia is a tough group to work with, but I hear the experience is fantastic and you come out well trained and experienced.
There are some people who take that amount of pressure as a bad thing, but when I am done, I know I will be ready. I also am choosing this area because I live nearby, so altogether it was a no brainer. Plus, the guy I shadowed a bunch was a Barry grad and he was fantastic so I have alot of respect for the program. Again, I hear the Orlando cohort is one of the hardest though.
I think Barry is a good school. I have been reading/researching alot and don't hear too many negatives (other than it is VERY hard). They have been around along time, I hear good things about their program director, and I am looking forward to starting. I know there are worse schools out there, and for as much money as you are going to pay, I want to know I got a great education, and I think Barry lives up to the challenge. I guess I will find out soon!